ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevendublin
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year

Post by stevendublin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi guys,

Hope you all are well.

I am planning to apply naturalisation based on marriage to Irish citizen in this month (Feb 2022), my current stamp 4 is valid until end of August 2022.

Just worried about this requirement:
Evidence of residency permission i.e. your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and a further 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period.

I have used the residency checker and reached the targeted days, but if I apply this month, there will only be 6 months visa, do you guys think it is ok to submit? Or can I submit first once I renew the stamp 4 and then inform them? Or any chance to request to renew the stamp 4 earlier?

Many thanks for any advises!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:06 pm

Citizenship application and renewal of Stamp 4 are two separate matters. There is no dependency on each other. You should apply for the citizenship whenever you are eligible, and you should renew your stamp 4 when it's due to expire.

stevendublin
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Re: Residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year

Post by stevendublin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:45 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:06 pm
Citizenship application and renewal of Stamp 4 are two separate matters. There is no dependency on each other. You should apply for the citizenship whenever you are eligible, and you should renew your stamp 4 when it's due to expire.
Hey, thanks for your reply! That helped a lot! Have a lovely day there! Happy Chinese New Year! :D