ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT consultant - Second Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockybalboa
Newly Registered
India

IT consultant - Second Referee

Post by rockybalboa » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am

Hi,

My second referee for British Naturalisation who does not have to be a British citizen has an ILR and works as a Digital Business Integration Consultant (IT Consultant) and did her undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance in UK.

She is accredited as a Scrum Master (Project management technique) by an organization called QA. Is this enough professional qualification that is required for the referee listed as "Engineer (with professional qualifications)"?

Please do let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

B

nightcrawler2u
India

Re: IT consultant - Second Referee

Post by nightcrawler2u » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 pm

rockybalboa wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am
Hi,

My second referee for British Naturalisation who does not have to be a British citizen has an ILR and works as a Digital Business Integration Consultant (IT Consultant) and did her undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance in UK.

She is accredited as a Scrum Master (Project management technique) by an organization called QA. Is this enough professional qualification that is required for the referee listed as "Engineer (with professional qualifications)"?

Please do let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

B
Hi,
"Engineer (with professional qualifications)" requires that the referee hold a CEng from the Engineering Council under a recognised body (such as the IET or IMechE). If they are a software professional they need to hold professional registered status under the British Computer Society (BCS).

Being a CEng myself with the IET, I don't think having a degree in accounting and finance would allow the person to get CEng. So I don't think they would qualify as an Engineer with professional qualifications.
I know this as I am submitting my application and clarified this for my referees.

Hope this helps.

rockybalboa
Newly Registered
India

Re: IT consultant - Second Referee

Post by rockybalboa » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Sure. Thanks for sharing this information.