ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children ILR & Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sami1975
Mood:
United Kingdom

Children ILR & Naturalization

Post by sami1975 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:27 am

Dear All Moderators & Friends

As my previous posts are locked so I am unable to respond on those.
My family got approved Naturalization couple of weeks before.
Just a brief History:
I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur, got ILR in November 2019, family came outside UK with 4 Dependants during Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial Visa in 2016, got 1 extension in May 2018 & another forcefully from home office in October 2020, 15 days before for qualifying to ILR.
Anyhow I applied for my Wife ILR in February 2021. I got Nationality Approved March 2021 & Passport in June 2021. Children’s were on dependant VISA till October 2023. I never used any Solicitor OR consultant for any of my immigration application till that time.
Some one through a reference applied wife (with ILR) & children’s (without ILR) for Naturalization in July 2021 which has been approved start of this year. I am not sure what clauses of law he mentioned in the covering letter as he did not show me and uploaded but we got approval of full family. All children’s are under the age of 18 years. This saved me almost £6,000 for ILR expenses of my 3 children’s.
The above post is just for the information purpose, and moderators can find how they can help to others.
Also my question is that:
Do I need to apply my family passports separately OR as one application?
My older son is 16 years & 5 months & other 2 are under 14 years.
Please advice.
Many Thanks
Sami

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Children ILR & Naturalization

Post by mesn » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:14 am

sami1975 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:27 am
Dear All Moderators & Friends

As my previous posts are locked so I am unable to respond on those.
My family got approved Naturalization couple of weeks before.
Just a brief History:
I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur, got ILR in November 2019, family came outside UK with 4 Dependants during Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial Visa in 2016, got 1 extension in May 2018 & another forcefully from home office in October 2020, 15 days before for qualifying to ILR.
Anyhow I applied for my Wife ILR in February 2021. I got Nationality Approved March 2021 & Passport in June 2021. Children’s were on dependant VISA till October 2023. I never used any Solicitor OR consultant for any of my immigration application till that time.
Some one through a reference applied wife (with ILR) & children’s (without ILR) for Naturalization in July 2021 which has been approved start of this year. I am not sure what clauses of law he mentioned in the covering letter as he did not show me and uploaded but we got approval of full family. All children’s are under the age of 18 years. This saved me almost £6,000 for ILR expenses of my 3 children’s.
The above post is just for the information purpose, and moderators can find how they can help to others.
Also my question is that:
Do I need to apply my family passports separately OR as one application?
My older son is 16 years & 5 months & other 2 are under 14 years.
Please advice.
Many Thanks
Sami
This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Could you please share more on the process. What clause and cover letter content, please? It would help the broader forum. On Passport, don't think there is a combined application process. You apply for each one separately.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

sami1975
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sami1975 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi Mesn

To be honest I am not sure about the covering letter as he did not show me what’s mentioned while I asked to get the signature of my wife on the letter but he said letter is not needed to be signed.

Actually he did application remotely. We provided only some parental information, schools detail, and their exiting visas and passports details.

I got full application, it was a general naturalisation application, my wife was the main applicant and all 3 children were included in the same application.

Sami

sami1975
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sami1975 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:18 am

Hi

When I gone through the whole application of my family, i have seen below lines:

Give other details to be considered PLEASE SEE COVER LETTER ENCLOSED (He mentioned)

Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

Following Fees Paid:

Wife: 1349.20 GBP
Each Child: 1031.20 GBP

Total Paid for all 4: 4442.80 GBP

Proof of parental responsibility was attached for all children, nothing special but there in application 2/3 places mentioned the above 1st line.

sami1975
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sami1975 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:10 pm

One more thing I just note that on all 3 children Citizen certificate mentioned:

British Nationality Act 1981. Certificate of Registration as British Citizen

The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by the British Nationality Act 1981, has registered the person named below as a (name of the child)

While my Wife certificate Shows:

The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by the British Nationality Act 1981, herby grants this certificate if naturalisation to the person named below, who shall be a British Citizen from the date of this certificate ......

Kind Regards
Sami

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:12 pm

Registration (children) and naturalisation (adults) are different applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.