ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR whilst in the US

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timb1226
Newly Registered

ILR whilst in the US

Post by timb1226 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm

Apologies if wrong section.

Hi, I would be very grateful if I could get some advice. My spouse visa extension is due on June 29 this year. My family are planning to go the the US from 23rd of May to 13th June. Would I come across any issues at all? I am planning to apply for my ILR either whilst I’m in the US or when I return. Is this allowed at all?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR whilst in the US

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:57 pm

You mentioned two different things, 1) extension due and 2) applying for ILR. Which is it as they are not the same thing?

Also, you cannot apply from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:22 pm

Apologies, I am currently on a spouse visa(extension), and I suppose due for extension/ILR on June 29th. Thanks in advance

Edit: would I come across any problem leaving/entering the UK given that my visa is due for extension/renewal on June 29th?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:30 pm

Apologies, I am currently on a spouse visa(extension), and I suppose due for extension/ILR on June 29th. Thanks in advance
ILR is not an extension, just for clarity. You can only apply for ILR within the UK.
Edit: would I come across any problem leaving/entering the UK given that my visa is due for extension/renewal on June 29th?
No, as long as you have a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Thanks for the clarity. I suppose if I'm returning to the UK with visa still valid, there shouldn't be any problems at all as long as I send my application after I return.

Thanks so much indeed for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:59 am

timb1226 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm
Thanks for the clarity. I suppose if I'm returning to the UK with visa still valid, there shouldn't be any problems at all as long as I send my application after I return. Correct

Thanks so much indeed for your help.