ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Parents - please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aeun-flux
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa for Parents - please advice

Post by aeun-flux » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:31 pm

Hello all,

Hope everyone's keeping well. I need some advice from all the Gurus here, please see below for my query:

I am a naturalized British Citizen (Indian). And my Missus is from an EU country. We recently had our second child. And I would like to bring my parents in for some time when my missus goes back to work. I was wondering whats the best way to get that done.

They have been to UK before but didnt stay longer than 3 weeks, but this time I am planning to bring them for couple of months (free childcare :D and Mum's cooking :D ). Last time, I was on ILR and they did the application for Tourist visa via a local agent.

My question - can I apply visa for them from here ? and if yes, which form shall i use and what documents i will need to show?

The above questions may sound a bit daft, but if i dont ask i will not know.

Kind regards,

AeuoN Flux

vinny

Re: Visa for Parents - please advice

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 pm

It may be possible for you to help fill in the online standard visitor applications on their behalf. But they are making the applications from their location, etc.
aeun-flux wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:31 pm
free childcare :D
may be a ground for a refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:52 am

To add some context to vinny's reply above, childcare is work. And working is strictly prohibited under the rules for visitors. So stating that on the face of the application will likely lead to refusal. And once a refusal is on record, future visit visas will also be much harder to get.

Better to state that your parents want to visit and spend time with their new grandchild.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

aeun-flux
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by aeun-flux » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 am

sincere apologies, the "free childcare" is just a little joke. And not intended for application purposes . I am not that daft but yes, plenty of baby books have made my brain a mush... :lol: :lol:

@ Secret.Simon and @ Vinny - thanks for the advice.

Hope you all don't mind, if I have any questions, I come back to this thread ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:43 pm

aeun-flux wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 am
sincere apologies, the "free childcare" is just a little joke. And not intended for application purposes . I am not that daft but yes, plenty of baby books have made my brain a mush... :lol: :lol:

@ Secret.Simon and @ Vinny - thanks for the advice.

Hope you all don't mind, if I have any questions, I come back to this thread ? They don't, keep them coming.