ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelled in last 10 years but don't know dates, how to complete application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

movingf
Newly Registered

UK standard visitor visa questions

Post by movingf » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:58 am

Hi,
I am helping my Thai GF apply for a UK standard visitor visa and have a few questions. I have done lots of reading/searching here and elsewhere, I may have missed something so apologies if thats the case
This is my first time applying for a visa.

1) The standard visa allows for multiple visits, would there be any issues raised if we did a 2-3 week visit during feb/march and then a 2 month visit in may/June. Been a long time since we have seen each other but she has not been to the UK and want better weather for doing the tourist stuff. I have a 4 week sabbatical owed to me and she does not have a job at the moment.

2) How much detail should we put in her letter regarding itinerary as the plan is for 2 visits and to go out to places around the UK

3) When submitting bank statements is it ok to blank the account number to protect from identity fraud or would they be considered invalid?

4) For her bank statements do we need to do a currency conversion to GBP for the submission?

5) When showing financial support I have used an online transfer service is it sufficient to show a report from the site or do I need to show transfers from my bank/credit card to the transfer service? I switched from credit card to debit card so the last couple of months you can see the transfers on my bank statement

6) When submitting her bank statements which will show my financial support, do we need to attach both original and translated? if so any recommendations on the way to present them

7) My GF has 2 daughters ( 6 and 16 ), other than saying she will be returning without overstaying because of them do we need to provide any evidence they exist in the form of documents? If so what?

8 ) Is there any need to provide documentary evidence of her parents? I did notice that the English surname on their ID cards has a spelling mistake, is this likely to be an issue? When filling their details should I correct the mis-spelling

Thanks
Trevor

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK standard visitor visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:40 am

movingf wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:58 am
Hi,
I am helping my Thai GF apply for a UK standard visitor visa and have a few questions. I have done lots of reading/searching here and elsewhere, I may have missed something so apologies if thats the case
This is my first time applying for a visa.

1) The standard visa allows for multiple visits, would there be any issues raised if we did a 2-3 week visit during feb/march and then a 2 month visit in may/June. Been a long time since we have seen each other but she has not been to the UK and want better weather for doing the tourist stuff. I have a 4 week sabbatical owed to me and she does not have a job at the moment. No

2) How much detail should we put in her letter regarding itinerary as the plan is for 2 visits and to go out to places around the UK Could be conscise but factual or detailed but still factual

3) When submitting bank statements is it ok to blank the account number to protect from identity fraud or would they be considered invalid?
Do not covert it, that will be alteration of/tampering with evidence you are providing

4) For her bank statements do we need to do a currency conversion to GBP for the submission? No, the HO has means of converting funds to GBP equivalent.

5) When showing financial support I have used an online transfer service is it sufficient to show a report from the site or do I need to show transfers from my bank/credit card to the transfer service? I switched from credit card to debit card so the last couple of months you can see the transfers on my bank statement

6) When submitting her bank statements which will show my financial support, do we need to attach both original and translated? if so any recommendations on the way to present them

7) My GF has 2 daughters ( 6 and 16 ), other than saying she will be returning without overstaying because of them do we need to provide any evidence they exist in the form of documents? If so what? Yes, like their birth certificate, ID documents. Note that for a successful application the more ties to Thailand that she has backed with evidence the better.

8 ) Is there any need to provide documentary evidence of her parents? No...except for their names being on her birth certificate. I did notice that the English surname on their ID cards has a spelling mistake, is this likely to be an issue? Not ordinarily but Yes if you tamper with it When filling their details should I correct the mis-spelling No, it is not for you to correct, they should correct it at source. Note that so far as possible names in the application should be same as its on their identity document.

Thanks
Trevor

movingf
Newly Registered

Post by movingf » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Thanks AmazonianX for your quick and helpful reply
Trevor

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:26 am

movingf wrote:

Did you send a large sum of money to her account recently? Unusual amount of money transfer right before the application shown on her bank statement will attract scrutiny. If you will sponsor her visit, the right way to do is to provide your invitation letter and your bank statement as financial support evidence.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

movingf
Newly Registered

Post by movingf » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:36 pm

Hi Ywlgy,
Thanks for your reply, No I have been sending an amount monthly so will use that to show ongoing relationship. I had seen the comments regarding large sums and would agree it should rightly raise questions.

Regards
Trevor

sam_in_uk11
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam_in_uk11 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:02 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:26 am
movingf wrote:

Did you send a large sum of money to her account recently? Unusual amount of money transfer right before the application shown on her bank statement will attract scrutiny. If you will sponsor her visit, the right way to do is to provide your invitation letter and your bank statement as financial support evidence.
Is there a minimum amount needed for balance and also does statement has to be for minimum 6 months from SPONSOR?

movingf
Newly Registered

Post by movingf » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:14 am

Hi,
Sorry I did not know you had posted a message.
Let me say I am not an expert but from what I understand the sponsor should provide 6 months minimum bank statements, the first of which should not be more than 1 month prior to the application date.
If its a savings account it should show the money is normally there no sudden deposits.
The sponsor should also indicate or provide evidence of a salary going into the account.
From what I have read the amount in the bank account should be double the amount of spend mentioned. i.e. if you say you will spend £1000 then the bank account should show a minimum of £2000

movingf
Newly Registered

travelled in last 10 years but don't know dates, how to complete application

Post by movingf » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:22 am

Hi,
My GF is applying for a UK visitor visa and has travelled to 3 countries in the last 10 years, she knows where she went but does not have the passport showing the dates and can't remember what the dates are.

How should she complete the application form?

Thanks
Trevor