ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel whilst Application is in Processing...Why?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adampitt
Newly Registered
Australia

Ability to check if Priority Service is Available - ILR (Set O)

Post by adampitt » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 am

Hi, I know there are some posts related to applying to the Priority Service or Super Priority Service in this thread, which I have read.

Does anyone know whether there is a number that you can call to actually find out what case work availability is for particular applications? It does seem hopeless logging on and refreshing the payment page at midnight each night hoping that a priority service option will magically appear.

At some point I need to just accept the fact it isn't available and go with the standard service...I was just hoping there is someway of getting some more certainty that there may be some availability coming up in the next days or weeks.

Could be wishful thinking - any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Adam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ability to check if Priority Service is Available - ILR (Set O)

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:11 am

Does anyone know whether there is a number that you can call to actually find out what case work availability is for particular applications?
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Absywabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Absywabs » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 am

adampitt wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 am
Hi, I know there are some posts related to applying to the Priority Service or Super Priority Service in this thread, which I have read.

Does anyone know whether there is a number that you can call to actually find out what case work availability is for particular applications? It does seem hopeless logging on and refreshing the payment page at midnight each night hoping that a priority service option will magically appear.

At some point I need to just accept the fact it isn't available and go with the standard service...I was just hoping there is someway of getting some more certainty that there may be some availability coming up in the next days or weeks.

Could be wishful thinking - any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Adam
Adam, I just booked priority service for my wife SET (M) last night right on mid night. I checked all the way through the day and nothing showed, even at 11PM. But at 00:00 suddenly it was available.

As people have pointed out different streams have different teams, so availability of this service may vary from stream to stream. But it is possible (not probable because I have no evidence to back this up) that if the team has capacity the status may get refreshed at mid night or just after. However the capacity depends on how busy the relevant team is and many people are competing for these slots.

But like you say at some point you may have to cut your losses and go for standard else it will further delay your ILR. I saw that people seem to be getting a response within 3 months or so, but this is not guaranteed.

adampitt
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by adampitt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:29 am

Thanks for the response - I was going to put a post up to see if anyone has had any success recently.

Yes I have been logging on at midnight every night for the past week by no luck with teh Set (O) application yet.

Can I ask, are you literally just waiting on the payment page and hitting refresh on the online page? Or are you logging in and out / clearing cache etc?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'm hoping my application is pretty straight forward, I have no question marks around any criteria or documentation as it relates to my application, so I'm hopeful it wouldn't take long to process regardless.....but you never know when it will reach the top of the pile!

Cheers,
Adam

Absywabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Absywabs » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 am

adampitt wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:29 am
Thanks for the response - I was going to put a post up to see if anyone has had any success recently.

Yes I have been logging on at midnight every night for the past week by no luck with teh Set (O) application yet.

Can I ask, are you literally just waiting on the payment page and hitting refresh on the online page? Or are you logging in and out / clearing cache etc?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'm hoping my application is pretty straight forward, I have no question marks around any criteria or documentation as it relates to my application, so I'm hopeful it wouldn't take long to process regardless.....but you never know when it will reach the top of the pile!

Cheers,
Adam
Literally logging in and navigating to the payment page. If appointments are available it shows there (you see 2 options standard and super priority with different fees). Just note the application I was trying to submit is SET (M) not SET (O)

adampitt
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by adampitt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:35 am

Ok thanks - yep thats what I've been doing to date.

Noted on the Set (M) vs Set (O). I've seen a couple of people have had some luck with the Set (M), but haven't seen anyone that has had any luck with the Set (O) applications :(

Thanks,
Adam

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:43 am

SET(O) is NOT an immigration route, it is simply a form. There are many immigration routes dealt with using that form alone. The team dealing with each route is different and may have different capacities. However, the form SET(M) ONLY deals with family route applications which probably has only a single team. This has been repeated over and over again but it is still being asked. Priority service is not always available
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adampitt
Newly Registered
Australia

Travel whilst Application is in Processing...Why?

Post by adampitt » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:15 pm

Does anyone know why the Home Office advises against travelling whilst your visa is being processed? Even when they haven't taken your passport.

I understand they say leaving the country would void your application, but why have they created this rule?

I was unable to apply via the Priority or Super Priority track and have an Australian Passport and would be able to travel freely around Europe which I really need to do for my Job. After not travelling for the past 5-months whilst I wait for it to be completed it is really starting to create tensions with my employer.

It really does seems a redicously ludicrous rule!

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: Travel whilst Application is in Processing...Why?

Post by zubbshah » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 pm

have you tried to check at 01:00 am instead of 1200 am ?
fingers crossed you'd get a super priority slot at 1:00 am or between 12:55 and 1:05

adampitt
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by adampitt » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:17 pm

No I submitted my application back in February when there was no ability to go with Priority or Super Priority. I've been waiting almost 5-months for processing now.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:07 am

adampitt wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:15 pm
I understand they say leaving the country would void your application, but why have they created this rule?
Why is the sky so blue? How long is a piece of string? Why is my life so full of unanswered questions?

We tend not to get into the whys of the Rules, simply because they are not typically relevant to the discussion. So long as the letter of the Rules are followed, the desired outcome is typically obtained.

On a serious note, it is likely that the Rule dates back from the time when one did have to surrender their passport to the UK authorities for their immigration application to be processed. While that is no longer the case, keep in mind that the Immigration Rules have grown organically over time and so may not make cohesive sense.

You can travel to Ireland without an automatic withdrawal of your application, if that is any consolation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:51 am

See also Travelling during application. Going outside the UK after expiry of leave may also have overstaying complications?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.