ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lagosbos
European Union

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:25 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:52 pm
Decision and reasons
7. The burden of proof is on the Appellant and the standard of proof is the balance of probabilities.

8. I have considered all of the evidence on file. I have also considered the submissions filed on behalf of the Appellant.
9. I have considered the written submissions made by both parties. The Secretary of State contends that the Aappellant can make an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM. This assertion goes to the issue of compulsion set out in regulation 16 (5) (c) in that the Secretary of State submits that the British citizen child is not compelled to leave the UK as the Aappellant has the option of making an alternative application for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules. It appears not to be in dispute that that Aappellant has never made an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Rules.
10. Although the Respondent relies on the decision of the Court of Appeal in Patel, that decision was appealed to the Supreme Court and it is that decision which I must follow. In Patel the Supreme Court highlighted at paragraph 3 that the relevant wording of the domestic legislation is “unable to reside” (although the Court was considering regulation 15A of the 2006 Regulations the relevant wording is identical to that in reg 16(5)(c) of the 2016 Regulations).

Lady Arden considered the Zambrano jurisprudence and summarized it as follows;
“What lies at the heart of the Zambrano jurisprudence is the requirement that the Union citizen would be compelled to leave Union territory if the TCN, with whom the Union citizen has a relationship of dependency, is removed. As the CJEU held in O v 4 Maahanmuuttovirasto (Joined Cases C-356/11 and C-357/11) [2013] Fam 203, it is the role of the national court to determine whether the removal of the TCN carer would actually cause the Union citizen to leave the Union. In this case, the FTT found against Mr Patel and concluded that his father would not accompany him to India. That means that, unless Chavez-Vilchez adopts a different approach to compulsion, Mr Patel’s appeal must fail. There is no question of his being able to establish any interference with his Convention right to respect for his private and family life as he has failed already in that regard.”
12. She went on to say at paragraphs 25-28:

“25. The final sentence of para 71 of the CJEU’s judgment in Chavez-Vilchez identifies the matters which the national court must take into account when deciding whether the requirement for compulsion is fulfilled. Chavez-Vilchez has to be read in the light of the particular facts before the CJEU, which were of separated parents where the Union citizen parent was not the primary carer and where the national court might well conclude that, having regard to the child’s best interests and the extent of their ties to their mother, the relevant relationship of dependency on the mother was made out. There is no direct analogy with a case, such as the Shah appeal, where the family is living together. In that situation, where the TCN is the primary carer and the parent with whom the child has the relevant relationship of dependency and the Union parent will stay with them so as to keep the family together, it will be in the child’s best interests to remain with both parents. Because Mr Shah was the primary carer, the need for a relationship of dependency with the TCN was fulfilled. Moreover, the quality of that relationship is under the jurisprudence of the CJEU a relevant factor in determining whether the child is compelled to leave the jurisdiction (see Chavez-Vilchez, para 71; KA, para 70).
26. It is argued that the reference to the need to consider the child’s best interests points to a shift in the law, and that the CJEU refined or diminished the requirement that there has to be compulsion to leave the Union. It is said that that diminution would enable consideration to be given to desirability of the family remaining together and to respect for family life, even in the case of adults. In that way, in judging when a person was compelled to leave the Union, regard would be had to a person’s family life and what he would have to do to maintain that family life.
27. I do not consider that this deduction can be made. In Chavez-Vilchez, the CJEU were concerned with the case of a child and it is clear from KA that the case of a child is quite separate from that of an adult and that in the case of an adult it will only be in “exceptional circumstances” that a TCN will have a derivative right of residence by reference to a relationship of dependency with an adult Union citizen. An adult Union citizen does not have a right to have his family life taken into account if this would diminish the requirement to show compulsion to leave. It must be recalled that in KA the CJEU effectively reaffirmed the need to show compulsion even after making it clear that the decision in Chavez-Vilchez was good law. Accordingly, Chavez-Vilchez does not relax the level of compulsion required in the case of adults, and thus provides no assistance to Mr Patel, whose appeal must therefore fail.
28. Nor does Chavez-Vilchez in fact have any impact on the Shah appeal. The outcome of that appeal depends on the findings of fact by the FTT and on whether the Court of Appeal correctly identified the relevant findings for the purposes of the test of compulsion. The FTT found as a fact that Mr Shah was the primary carer of his infant son and that he, rather than the mother, had by far the greater role in his son’s life (para 15). Accordingly, the child had the relevant relationship of dependency with Mr Shah. The FTT was entitled to make this finding on the facts, because the mother’s evidence that Mr Shah was the primary carer of her child and that she could not assume full responsibility for him because she worked full time was not challenged. The mother’s evidence that if Mr Shah was not allowed to stay in this country they would move as a family was also unchallenged. The FTT went on to reach what it called “an inescapable conclusion” that the son would have to leave with his parents and that accordingly the requirement for compulsion was met.”
Lady Arden looked at the question to be considered at paragraph 30 where she said:
“30. … The overarching question is whether the son would be compelled to leave by reason of his relationship of dependency with his father. In answering that question, the court is required to take account, “in the best interests of the child concerned, of all the specific circumstances, including the age of the child, the child’s physical and emotional development, the extent of his emotional ties both to the Union citizen parent and to the third-country national parent, and the risks which separation from the latter might entail for that child’s equilibrium” (Chavez-Vilchez, para 71). The test of compulsion is thus a practical test to be applied to the actual facts and not to a theoretical set of facts. As explained in para 28 of this judgment, on the FTT’s findings, the son would be compelled to leave with his father, who was his primary carer. That was sufficient compulsion for the purposes of the Zambrano test. There is an obvious difference between this situation of compulsion on the child and impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card. It follows that the Court of Appeal was wrong in this case to bring the question of the mother’s choice into the assessment of compulsion.”
13. In this case the Respondent does not dispute that the Appellant is the primary carer for a British citizen child. The Respondent does not dispute in the RFRL that the Appellant’s child would be compelled to leave the UK with him if he is not granted residence.

14. There is no reference in the Patel judgement to the necessity of exhausting domestic applications before acquiring a derivative right of residence. Regulation 16 makes no reference to a further requirement that rights of residence under domestic law or under the European Convention of Human Rights should be exhausted before a derivative right of residence can be acquired.

15. Although the Respondent asserts in the RFRL that the Appellant should make an application under Appendix FM, no guarantee is given that any such application under the rules will be granted.
16. I further take account of the judgement of Elias LJ in Harrison (Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] 2 CMLR 23 as approved in R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (AIRE Centre intervening) [2017] UKSC 73, [2017] 3 WLR 1486 that where the non-EU national is refused the right of residence because the EU citizen would not in practice be compelled to leave the country “Article 8 Convention rights may then come into the picture to protect family life as the court recognised in Dereci … but that is an entirely distinct area of protection…” [63]. He made no link between exhaustion of Article 8 rights and an assertion of the EU right of residence. I further note the judgement of Lord Reed in R (Agyarko) v Home Secretary [2017] UKSC 11, [2017] 1 WLR 823 where the said at para 65, in considering the decision of the Grand Chamber in Derici; “As the court made clear, that finding was distinct from the consideration of the case under article 8 of the ECHR or, if applicable, the corresponding provision (article 7) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.” Further, at paragraph 30 of Patel, Lady Arden distinguished between the issue of compulsion and “impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card”.
17. In my view these decisions make clear that the consideration of the right of derivative residence is distinct from consideration under Article 8. Thus, the Respondent’s view that an application under Article 8 must precede consideration of a derivative right of residence is inconsistent with the view of the CJEU and domestic courts. I agree with the submission made on the Appellant’s behalf in the skeleton argument that the 2016 Regulations and case law must be followed rather than the Home Office policy guidance, where it is inconsistent with the Regulations.

18. In the light of the undisputed facts of this case that the Appellant is the primary carer of a British citizen child, and that child would be unable to reside in the UK or another EEA state if the Appellant were required to leave for an indefinite period, I conclude that the Appellant has established that he has a derivative right of residence in the UK under Regulation 16 and is entitled to a derivative right of residence card in accordance with Regulation 20 of the 2016 Regulations.

NOTICE OF DECISION
I allow the appeal under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016
Anonymity has not been directed
The reasons for the decisions
4. The respondent’s reasons for refusing the application are brief and I therefore set them out in full:
To qualify for settled or pre-settled status as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, you must have a right to reside in the UK because you meet the relevant requirements in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the EEA Regulations’). As you state that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, it is regulation 16(5) that is relevant in your circumstances. However, we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of regulation 16(5) because:
You have not demonstrated that xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period. You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.
In order to demonstrate that xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you have no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as her primary carer.
An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have never made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.
You previously made an application under Appendix FM, and this was successful, from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, it is considered that your circumstances have not changed since that decision was made. So a further Appendix FM or Article 8 application stands a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.
It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules or those for pre-settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that Appendix. Therefore, you have been refused settled status and pre-settled status under rule EU6.
The legal framework
5. One of the eligibility requirements for settlement status under section EU 11 of Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules, is that the applicant is a person “with a Zambrano right to reside” in the United Kingdom, as defined in Annex 1. This includes, “a person who has satisfied the Secretary of State … that … they were:
(a) resident for a continuous qualifying period in the UK with a derivative right to reside by virtue of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations by satisfying: (i) the criterion in paragraph 1(a) of that regulation; and
(ii) the criteria in:

(aa) paragraph (5) of regulation 16 of the EEA Regulations …; and
(b) is without leave to enter or remain in the UK, unless this was granted under this Appendix.”

[Emphasis added]
6. Before turning to the provisions of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 that are thus incorporated into Annex 1 of Appendix EU, it is perhaps worth noting at this stage that Mostyn J has held the respondent to have erred in law in her formulation of the italicised words at paragraph (b) (see R (on the application of Olorunfunmilayo Olluwaseun Akinsanya) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWCH 1553 (Admin))
7. The relevant criteria for acquiring a derivative right of residence under Regulation 16 the 2016 Regulations, are as follows:

(1) A person has a derivative right to reside during any period in which the person—
(a) is not an exempt person;
……………
(5) The criteria in this paragraph are that—

(a) the person is the primary carer of a British citizen (“BC”);
(b) BC is residing in the United Kingdom; and
(c) BC would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or in another EEA State if the person left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.
…………
(7) In this regulation –
…………
(c) an “exempt person” is a person—
(i) who has a right to reside under another provision of these Regulations;
(ii) who has the right of abode under section 2 of the 1971 Act;
(iii) to whom section 8 of the 1971 Act, or an order made under subsection (2) of that section applies; or
(iv) who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.
The evidence
8. The appellant attached various documents to his Notice of Appeal, including a helpful ‘Skeleton Argument’. Although I shall make limited reference to these documents in the course of explaining the reasons for my decision, I wish to emphasise that I considered them all in the round in arriving at my conclusions.

Analysis
9. In drawing attention to paragraph 5 of Regulation 16 of the 2016 Regulations as the basis for refusing the application, it seems to me that the decisionmaker has confused two quite distinct questions, namely -
(1) Whether the appellant would be compelled to leave the United Kingdom in the absence of a Zambrano right of residence; and, if so,
(2) Whether xxxxxxxx would be compelled to leave with him.

Paragraph 5 deals with the second question. It moreover presupposes that the answer to the first question has already been answered in the affirmative. The provision that deals with the first question (the only one that the respondent appears to have raised as a basis for refusing the application) is in fact to be found in paragraph 1(a). This in turn depends upon the definition of an “exempt person” under paragraph 7. It will have been noted from that paragraph that, whilst those with indefinite leave to remain are exempted from a right of residence under ‘the Zambrano principle’, this does not extend to those, such as the appellant, who had extant limited leave to remain outside the Regulations. Still less does it apply to those who may have a, “reasonable prospect”, of acquiring such leave at the date of decision.
10. The only possible justification for refusing the application on the basis of the first question, therefore, was under sub-paragraph (b) of the definition of a person who

otherwise qualifies for a Zambrano right of residence under Annex 1 to Appendix EU. It will be recalled that this refers to a person who does not already have leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom outside the scheme (see paragraph 5, above). However, as previously noted, that provision has been declared to be in conflict with EU law by Mostyn J, in R (on the application of Olorunfunmilayo Olluwaseun Akinsanya) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department (see paragraph 6, above). Although this decision is not strictly binding upon me, it is nevertheless highly persuasive. I therefore respectfully adopt its reasoning in arriving at the same conclusion. However, unlike Mostyn J, I am not constrained by the rules of legislative interpretation in seeking to avoid its consequences. This is because it is open to me to find that the decision to refuse the application on a basis that is conflict with EU law necessarily also contravenes the appellant’s rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement. I so find.
11. I am of course conscious that the basis of the decision was not that the appellant already had the benefit extant leave to remain outside the EUSS at that time (although this was in fact the case: see paragraph 3, above) but, rather, that he had reasonable prospects of acquiring such leave. As I have already noted, there is nothing in either the 2016 Regulations or Annex 1 to Appendix EU that warrants refusing the application on this basis. However, for the sake of completeness, I would note that the refusal seems to have been based upon the Secretary of State’s view of the jurisprudence as set out in the relevant Home Office Guidance. This view is in turn based upon an obiter dictum in the judgement of Irwin LJ in Patel v The Secretary of State for the Home Department [2017] EWCA Civ 2028. However, insofar as it may be necessary to do so, I again respectfully adopt the reasoning of Mostyn J in R (on the application of Olorunfunmilayo Olluwaseun Akinsanya) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department in holding that the judgement in Patel does not support the Secretary of State’s view that it is necessary for an applicant to demonstrate that they do not already have leave to remain outside the scheme and/or that they are without reasonable prospects of acquiring it.
12. I also note that the respondent has not raised any of the other eligibility requirements under section EU 11 of Appendix EU as a reason for refusing the application. I have therefore assumed these to be met without needing to make any specific factual findings in that regard.

Notice of Decision
13. The appeal is allowed on the ground that (a) the decision is not in accordance with Immigration Rules, and (b) is contrary to the appellant’s rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:40 am

Dear Comerades,

I have shared the above decision for those who might find it useful and helpful and for those who are curious to know my story.

My appeal was allowed last year April under EEA Reg 2016 and a Derivative card was issued to me in May 2021 with June 30 expiration date. I banged a new EUSS application with the BRC in May with the hope it will be a sure banker, but to my surprise that was not the case as the application was refused in September 2021 despite the paragraph b. of Consent Order in the case of Akinsanya v SSHD. At first I lodged a PAP against the decision and HO responded confirming that the decision will be withdrawn, but will not be decided until after the recent appeal court decision in Akinsanya and I thought I can't trust their judgments yet again so I decided to appeal that decision instead last September and that's the outcome.

I chose not tell my story earlier as I do not want to discourage people on here that despite having been issued Derivative BRC is still didn't guarantee I will be granted a status by HO. But to God be the glory the courts came to my rescue last weekend and I'm here patiently waiting while I sip my drink and eat my popcorn waiting to see how this pans out with HO. To everyone hang in there and be strong. All the best

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 am

PS. I didn't extend LTR under appendix FM after is expired last year. It was a tough decision, but it needed to be made and its different strokes for different folks. Its a big risk not everyone might be willing to take. Besides, I still have an electronic CoA with a picture of my expired BRC so I can still prove my EEA rights where its required.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:11 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:03 pm
Honourable members to my surprise HO is still refusing applications despite the consent order. This is the refusal notice received by my sister-in-law today.
This decision was also withdrawn following a PAP and her application is now pending.

Premo85
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Premo85 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:33 am

Lagosbos please can I have the court decision letter by email...i can relate to that very much as my case is similar to your case....thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:11 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Honourable members to my surprise HO is still refusing applications despite the consent order. This is the refusal notice received by my sister-in-law today.
This decision was also withdrawn following a PAP and her application is now pending.
How was the decision withdrawn following PAP, and you were still able to appeal it.

If a decision is withdrawn like you say it was, then a tribunal will lose jurisdiction, are you sure it was withdrawn, did the Presenting officer brought it to the attention of the Tribunal, that the decision has been withdrawn.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:52 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
How was the decision withdrawn following PAP, and you were still able to appeal it.

If a decision is withdrawn like you say it was, then a tribunal will lose jurisdiction, are you sure it was withdrawn, did the Presenting officer brought it to the attention of the Tribunal, that the decision has been withdrawn.
Obie, I believe you getting it mixed up. This is in relation to my Sister's in law application which I posted her refusal letter a while back, you can find it on page 123 and also explain further HO have lost her form and have recently gotten in touch for her to complete a new form.

In my own case it was a paper hearing and I was surprised when HO produced there bundle as I would have thought they will inform the court the decision has been withdrawn and that only proved they can never be trusted. So I was right to have followed my instincts, also it took them 28days to respond to my PAP against the usual 14days so I already appealed before they responded to me saying the decision making team has confirmed the decision "WILL BE" withdrawn and I was never formally informed it "HAS BEEN" withdrawn till today. I hope that helps. Dealing with HO has been come a game and one needs to be smart by the grace of God to do it right. I have seen how they operate with a lot of cases I have handled for people.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:54 am

Premo85 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:33 am
Lagosbos please can I have the court decision letter by email...i can relate to that very much as my case is similar to your case....thanks
Unfortunately, that's not allowed on this forum as it contains my personal information and we are not allowed to exchanged personal information. I believe you can use the information I already provided on this forum if you find it useful.

Feel free to ask any question and I can help you to the best of my ability.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:52 am
Obie wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:

Obie, I believe you getting it mixed up. This is in relation to my Sister's in law application which I posted her refusal letter a while back, you can find it on page 123 and also explain further HO have lost her form and have recently gotten in touch for her to complete a new form.

In my own case it was a paper hearing and I was surprised when HO produced there bundle as I would have thought they will inform the court the decision has been withdrawn and that only proved they can never be trusted. So I was right to have followed my instincts, also it took them 28days to respond to my PAP against the usual 14days so I already appealed before they responded to me saying the decision making team has confirmed the decision "WILL BE" withdrawn and I was never formally informed it "HAS BEEN" withdrawn till today. I hope that helps. Dealing with HO has been come a game and one needs to be smart by the grace of God to do it right. I have seen how they operate with a lot of cases I have handled for people.
PS. Withdrawing the decision will be against Paragraph 18 in the case of Glushkov v SSHD (2008) EWHC 2290. I don't expect them to withdraw the decision without the scope of issuing leave and its there error in the first place as they were in breach of a consent order.

Borntowin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Borntowin » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:50 pm

Snooky please can you clarify this, my child was born 2008 as an EU citizen, i was advised from the day she was born I had the legal right to reside in the country without making any application. Please do you know the regulation that covers this. I understand regulation 16 gives you the right to apply under derivative right

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:18 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:54 am
Unfortunately, that's not allowed on this forum as it contains my personal information and we are not allowed to exchanged personal information. I believe you can use the information I already provided on this forum if you find it useful.
You can of course reproduce the text of any relevant judgment on these forums, taking out/redacting all personally identifiable material.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:29 pm

Borntowin wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:50 pm
Snooky please can you clarify this, my child was born 2008 as an EU citizen, i was advised from the day she was born I had the legal right to reside in the country without making any application. Please do you know the regulation that covers this. I understand regulation 16 gives you the right to apply under derivative right
What nationality is your child

The Regulations are a lot and Reg 16 is just a part that only deals with derivative right of residence so put more information here about yourself and child and why you failed to apply for a permit and who wrongly said to you application isn't need as a TCN

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:38 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:18 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:54 am
You can of course reproduce the text of any relevant judgment on these forums, taking out/redacting all personally identifiable material.
That's exactly what I have done with both (EEA REG 16 & Appendix EU) appeal decisions I have posted above. I have redacted the bit that contains my personal information. The only other relevant information in the current appeal was the fee award. I was awarded £140 as against the £80 I paid.

To the Respondent: I make a full fee award of £140 because I have concluded that the application should have been granted on the evidence that was provided in support of it, and that an appeal against refusal ought not therefore to have been necessary.

ecoman
Newly Registered

Post by ecoman » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:11 am

My wife's Zambrano paper application:

Applied: 30th June 2021 emailed PDF copy of paper application and posted supporting documents.

Received acknowledgement in August.
FLR FP expired in November ( didn't apply for extention).

Received a phone call from HO on 24 Jan 2022, asking for digital photo of applicant. She said applications are being allocated to caseworker. She sent an email few minutes later asking to reply email with a digital photo.
We took a photo on the mobile phone and emailed back, received email again saying photo uploaded.

Whilst I was in the phone with HO, I asked for my daughter's passport back, she posted right away and we received it in couple of days.
No CoA received yet.

Fingers crossed for everyone. Hope for the favourable outcome. inshaAllah

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:00 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:53 pm
UPDATE:

I sent an email to the HO lawyer, last Wednesday asking him for an update.

I got a response reminding me that HO asked me to withdraw my JR and had agreed to reconsider my EUSS Application Decision . He also sent me a fresh COA pending the outcome of my EUSS application.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks be to God 🙌🏾🙌🏾
Thanks Mis-Suz. I am wondering that since this COA is different from the previous COA, does that mean that HO is indirectly accepting that it’s game up for them. I am wondering how they will give someone that COA allowing one to do almost everything and then end up refusing that person’s application.

Is is not everybody that has an EU settlement Scheme application that gets that particular COA?.

At times like this, I wish I was a MIND READER.

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Good Evening all ,
I have a british partner and a british child.
I have applied for Zambrano carer Euss and Flr fp extension too.

My lawyer told me that there are few chances for Zambrano application to be successful because i already have a british partner who can take care of british child if i have to leave the country for indefinite period.

I need information regarding this.

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:06 am

I have now received a biometric letter for myself and non British child. Is it possible to go to the enrolment centre without a form of ID? My child is 3 years and has no other form of ID.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:42 am

Blessed child wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:00 am
Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am
Blessed child wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:23 am
jay.ho wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm
absolutely right you are thats what i am thinking too its a lot of money in total its cost me £3500 for flr(fm) i really don’t know what to do now ..
I think, just as already suggested by the lovely people here, it might be best for you to have patience and wait for your EUSS decision. It might not be best to go for premium for Flr(Fm) . If you get granted that , you don't know what HO will do, they might say you now have leave to remain and not consider your EUSS. If you look at that judgement carefully, the Judge agreed with HO on ground 1 that the EUSS is for people without leave and who If asked to leave the UK will have to take the British child with them so if you already have leave to remain then the child will not have to leave the UK. At the moment, pending what HO does, you are more at advantage if you don't go for that premium. Even if you want to put in Flr(Fm) it might even be better to do postal application and let both be there, someone I know is still waiting for postal application decision for 8 months now. That means, there will be a better chance of them making decision on the EUSS first. You should seek legal advice before making any Premium Flr(fm) application so that you don't put yourself at disadvantage. Even if you don't attend the wedding, you can tell someone there to do video call during important moments and visit the couple when this get sorted out. We all need HO to bring out the new guidance so that we know for sure where they stand before taking any step. God that has started this good work will perfect it in Jesus name Amen . Our good news and testimonies must be complete. Let's continue praying!
Amen Amen! You said it all

The strange thing with HO is that, yet their guidance said Zambrano is for people without leave but they still refused people like me ( no leave since 2016, been going on several appeal for my permanent residence card which was refused)
So in 2019 decided to apply for both EUSS (Jun 2019) and Appendix FM (May 2019) paid £2200 at that time.

Then in March 2020 HO contacted me, asking me to choose one application. I chose the EUSS then they refunded the fees for appendix FM.
Then in November 2020 they refused my EUSS telling me that I should first apply to Appendix FM and that I wasn’t qualified for Zambrano. The thing is I did not have any leave and my husband (the kids father) has passed away back in 2017 and because of that the kids would have to leave the UK with me if I had to leave as I am their sole carer. HO new that as I sent death certificate, everything that should prove that there is no one to look after them other than me. But they still refused my Zambrano application at that time.

We can never trust HO, they don’t always deliver what they say.

But the Lord has spoken this time for all of us!

Now waiting to see what they’re going to do
@ Miss- Suz : So sorry for your loss my sister. This HO appears to really be heartless and lost all empathy, how can they ask you to pick one if they know that they will end up refusing it? Why can't they just ask you to priotize it and then if they are not going to grant the first, they can consider the 2nd . They didn't even think about the best interest of the children which is to continue their normal life here. May God come to our rescue because He is our only hope.
My thoughts exactly, HO is heartless. They absolutely don’t care about what one can go through.

Amen Amen! Yes God is our only hope and he will finish what he has already started.
Thanks a million for your kind words I truly appreciate it 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:47 am

Spirit007 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:06 am
I have now received a biometric letter for myself and non British child. Is it possible to go to the enrolment centre without a form of ID? My child is 3 years and has no other form of ID.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Yes you can go there without an ID. You tell them your ID is the HO.
Also a day before your appointment you’ll receive an email from UKVCAS giving instructions on the day of your appointment. In this email they said if you don’t have your ID the biometric letter from HO you received is sufficient as it will represent your ID.
Just take the letter with you and don’t forget the confirmation email of your appointment as they’ll need to scan the barcode on it.

PS: I went to my appointment without an ID

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:53 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:00 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
UPDATE:

I got a response reminding me that HO asked me to withdraw my JR and had agreed to reconsider my EUSS Application Decision . He also sent me a fresh COA pending the outcome of my EUSS application.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks be to God 🙌🏾🙌🏾
Thanks Mis-Suz. I am wondering that since this COA is different from the previous COA, does that mean that HO is indirectly accepting that it’s game up for them. I am wondering how they will give someone that COA allowing one to do almost everything and then end up refusing that person’s application.

Is is not everybody that has an EU settlement Scheme application that gets that particular COA?.

At times like this, I wish I was a MIND READER.
Hi Lullaby,
Is the COA different from the one they used to send via post?
Can you study with that? As HO have previously announced?

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:28 am

LULUBABY wrote:
UPDATE:

Glory be to God 🎊🎊 I am celebrating in advance for you . Congratulations 🎉

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:18 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:28 am
LULUBABY wrote:
UPDATE:

Glory be to God 🎊🎊 I am celebrating in advance for you . Congratulations 🎉
Thank you. I don’t know why I keep feeling like HO may be up to something. I keep being positive and hoping for the best.

I just feel like this last judgement was not straight and clear like Judge Mostyn’s judgement. I keep thinking HO will look for room to manoeuvre.

arsi006WQRPG472
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by arsi006WQRPG472 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:52 am

Hi Peeps, hope everyone is doing good. , I want some advice , I got leave to remain till august 2022 and I applied zambrano myself on the last day 30 June 2021. I just filled up the form and sent to HO and after few days they sent CoA, last week i received an email from HO asking for my original ID , I sent my BRP and they sent it back after one week today that ID has been verified. I didn’t submit any supporting docs with my application and just a form.Can it go in the positive direction I am married to a British citizen for 4 years and have 2 years old child and 3 step children.
Please guide me that should I still go for extension or can rely on Zambrano

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:32 am

arsi006WQRPG472 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:52 am
Hi Peeps, hope everyone is doing good. , I want some advice , I got leave to remain till august 2022 and I applied zambrano myself on the last day 30 June 2021. I just filled up the form and sent to HO and after few days they sent CoA, last week i received an email from HO asking for my original ID , I sent my BRP and they sent it back after one week today that ID has been verified. I didn’t submit any supporting docs with my application and just a form.Can it go in the positive direction I am married to a British citizen for 4 years and have 2 years old child and 3 step children.
Please guide me that should I still go for extension or can rely on Zambrano
Hi

When it come to the success of applications to the HO, they are of serious mystery and no one can guarantee its positiveness and/or negativeness.

I will strongly ask you to gather your letters of support which show how the child depends on you and your responsibilities towards the child too.

You are making the refusal job so easy for the HO should you fail to submit evidence and remember you can't fight at it at the courts.

Get school letters, GP letters, church letters, and any informational letter which details your duties towards the BC and why you are the rock of the BC.

Don't forget to write your reference numbers(UAN), your name, date of birth and nationality on a paper then post is ASAP to the EUSS Resolution Centre

arsi006WQRPG472
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by arsi006WQRPG472 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:02 pm

Thanks for your message snooty your a star , My British child is 2 years old , we live at the same address so I believe proof of addresses , she doesn’t go to school and never had any medical problems . I provide financial support but again my wife receives universal credit too. It looks simple but it’s not isn’t it . I am struggling to understand what exactly docs I can send . Would they accept any docs of my duties towards my step Children.