ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport application - Parent lost naturalisation certificate, can parent british passport be used instead

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Child Passport application - Parent lost naturalisation certificate, can parent british passport be used instead

Post by Driver27 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:20 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for my daughters first british passport. Daughter was born in uk (2020 Jan) and I (father) am a naturalised UK citizen since 2018. I have a British passport.

One of the documents that I've been asked to send is as follows,

For 1 of your parents, send 1 of the following:
- full birth or adoption certificate
- naturalisation or registration certificate
- the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain

Unfortunately, I've lost my naturalisation certificate. I understand I can apply for a replacement certificate but that would cost £250.

Would I be able to use my British passport as proof of citizenship instead?

Thank you

vinny

Re: Child Passport application - Parent lost naturalisation certificate, can parent british passport be used instead

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:34 pm

It may be possible, as HMPO should have a record of your Naturalisation Certificate that you had used when applying for your first British passport?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nanoram
Newly Registered

Re: Child Passport application - Parent lost naturalisation certificate, can parent british passport be used instead

Post by nanoram » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:28 pm

Hello,

I was in similar situation like you when I applied for British Passport for my child. I sent them my British passport and copy of Naturalisation certificate. It worked, we got the child passport.

Hope this helps