ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer sending me to UK for training, what options

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NF13
Ireland

Employer sending me to UK for training, what options

Post by NF13 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi,

I have LTR and awaiting on the citizenship application. My new employer sending me to the UK for 1 -3 months for handover training. Can I work in the UK? I will be flying back and forth on weekends.

Any advice/suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer sending me to UK for training, what options

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 pm

You cannot work in the UK without a visa allowing you to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 pm

The UK role transferring to Ireland but the training is in the UK. Any short-term visa I can apply?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:49 pm

NF13 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 pm
The UK role transferring to Ireland but the training is in the UK. Any short-term visa I can apply?
I don't think Ireland specifically gives you any special routes. Run through this checker https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/and see what you can get. Maybe this will satisfy your needs?
You can apply:

for a Standard Visitor visa - for example if you’re coming to the UK for conferences, meetings, training, academic research or a sabbatical
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:56 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:49 pm
NF13 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 pm
I don't think Ireland specifically gives you any special routes. Run through this checker https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/and see what you can get. Maybe this will satisfy your needs?
You can apply:

for a Standard Visitor visa - for example if you’re coming to the UK for conferences, meetings, training, academic research or a sabbatical

Thank you for this. I hope I get my citizenship approval soon waited too long already so stressful.