ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby in India to British mother and Indian father

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUrieto
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: New born baby in India to British mother and Indian father

Post by EUrieto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Chanti1211 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:55 pm
@Mayamaddy

Have you heard anything from HMPO?
Hi @Chanti1211 I’ve been following this thread and found the information very useful. So I wanted to share my own personal experience. I have just received my baby’s passport after a long 5 months of processing. We made the application from Nigeria. I am british and my husband is Nigerian. Baby was born in September 2020 during COvid when I couldn’t travel back to the UK. Here’s a timeline of when we applied to when passport was received.

1. Application was sent via Dhl at the end of April 2021. I had to send all our original documents to the UK because you cannot apply via vsf from Nigeria.
2. I heard absolutely nothing from HMPO until June 2021 requesting further evidence. (Ultrasounds pictures, additional family photos and a letter confirming that my husband and I have not been married previously)
3. Towards the end of July, I had a Skype interview with HMPO
4. I heard nothing from them until October 6 when the passport and documents where returned.

Note that I was calling them in between to ask for an update and it was always the same - it’s been processed and nothing else. If you need to go to the UK or you’re in a hurry passport application is not the best route it’s a very frustrating process. Consider applying for the certificate instead. I did not go through that route so I’m not sure how hard or easy it is. All the best everyone on deciding they best route.

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:28 pm

ranjithsangineni wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 am
Hello Silk Route,

My name is Ranjith and my child is due to be born in India in Oct 2021. The father of the child is a British citizen by naturalization, an Overseas Citizen of India, and the mother holds Indian citizenship. I am planning to apply for British citizenship for my newborn child. I am currently residing in Hyderabad and want process from here.

Can you please help me complete the details of the forms to be filled and the documents submitted?

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

I have applied first British passport for my second child through Hyderabad (VFS) in October, any questions please do let me know.

tmUK2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tmUK2021 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:32 pm

HI uat76672,

I have been going through threads and found this one, i have appointment schedule next week at VFS hyderabad for my childs british passport, it would be really helpful if you can let me know list of documents i will need apart from standard Application form, 2 x Photos, Birth Certificate, Naturalisation Certificate of Parent, Marriage certificate. Is anything else i will need, as i have come across few threads where they have mentioned about child +Parents Aadhaar Card, family Pics, Wifes Pre natal records and all. Considering the Timeline this will take i would not like to miss any document which might delay the application process.
Any Assistance is appreciated. Thanks in Advance

kankipati1975
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kankipati1975 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:44 pm

uat76672 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:28 pm
ranjithsangineni wrote:
Hello Silk Route,

My name is Ranjith and my child is due to be born in India in Oct 2021. The father of the child is a British citizen by naturalization, an Overseas Citizen of India, and the mother holds Indian citizenship. I am planning to apply for British citizenship for my newborn child. I am currently residing in Hyderabad and want process from here.

Can you please help me complete the details of the forms to be filled and the documents submitted?

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

I have applied first British passport for my second child through Hyderabad (VFS) in October, any questions please do let me know.
Hi uat76672,

did you receive your child passport?

I have applied on 28th Jul 2021, received a mail for extra documents on 15 Oct 2021, we have submitted on 22 Oct 2021, Interview was done on 1 Dec 2021, We are still waiting for passports till date 15 Jan 2022. It is really frustrating.

Thanks

anand_p1
Newly Registered
India

Post by anand_p1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 am

Hi All,

Even I'm in similar situation - need to apply first child passport for my twins born in India 2 months ago. I went to VFS Hyderabad with my kids and family and had horrible experience with them. They told me to get more documents and full set in color.
I got most of the documents now. Do we need to sign each and every copies?

Thanks,
A

Pixie111
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pixie111 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 am

Hello All,

I am in a similar situation. Applied for first child passport from Delhi on 26th August 2021. Had the interview on 17th december but have not heard anything from hmpo after that. Everytime I send in a query I just get an email saying application is being processed.
If people have recieved the passports for their children and can post the timeline it would be extremely useful for those of us waiting to hear back from HMPO.

Thank you all for your help.

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:28 pm

kankipati1975 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:44 pm
uat76672 wrote:
ranjithsangineni wrote:
Hello Silk Route,

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

Hi uat76672,

I have applied on 28th Jul 2021, received a mail for extra documents on 15 Oct 2021, we have submitted on 22 Oct 2021, Interview was done on 1 Dec 2021, We are still waiting for passports till date 15 Jan 2022. It is really frustrating.

Thanks
Hi, I got my teams interview scheduled for tomorrow (19th Jan) , if you could share interview questions that would be very needful.

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 pm

anand_p1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 am
Hi All,

Even I'm in similar situation - need to apply first child passport for my twins born in India 2 months ago. I went to VFS Hyderabad with my kids and family and had horrible experience with them. They told me to get more documents and full set in color.
I got most of the documents now. Do we need to sign each and every copies?

Thanks,
A
Come across this check list.

Supporting Documents for application:
* Child's birth certificate along with its translation from approved translator in the court
* Colored copy of father's british passport
* Father's Naturalisation certificate
* Colored copy of mother's indian passport (Both the current and the cancelled one)
* Mother's antenatal records
* Discharge summary from the delivery hospital
* Hospital Bills
* Marriage certificate
* Printout of the British nationality act which testifies the basis of claim of nationality.
* No. of photographs ranging from the wedding, honeymoon, trip to uk, pre pregnancy, delivery day, photograph with the doctor to child's various pictures from the birth day to till date of the application. Each photograph was dated along with its explanation and signed
* Father's British national insurance card and driving licence
* Mother's aadhar card
* Mother's Birth certificate (we didnt have the original one so got an affidavit done from the notary) Also, this was the document they asked for as additional document after the submission of the application
* Father's british military documents
*Father's criminal record check certificate (optional)
* Child Birth and medical records
*Affidavit for father not having an aadhar card

Please note that you need to get the color photocopy of each document. No original document to submit. VFS people will just certify each photocopy from the original document at the time of application submission except photographs.

anand_p1
Newly Registered
India

Post by anand_p1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the detailed info.
I've got most of the documents and family pics Pre & Post pregnancy and recent festival event.
However, I didn't get the information on the "Father's military and criminal record(got for my wife from ACRO - while applying for Brazil & Argentina tourist visa).
I got Mother's medical record from UK & India and do we need to furnish the medical bills too!!!

Ta,
Anandh

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 am

tmUK2021 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:32 pm
HI uat76672,

I have been going through threads and found this one, i have appointment schedule next week at VFS hyderabad for my childs british passport, it would be really helpful if you can let me know list of documents i will need apart from standard Application form, 2 x Photos, Birth Certificate, Naturalisation Certificate of Parent, Marriage certificate. Is anything else i will need, as i have come across few threads where they have mentioned about child +Parents Aadhaar Card, family Pics, Wifes Pre natal records and all. Considering the Timeline this will take i would not like to miss any document which might delay the application process.
Any Assistance is appreciated. Thanks in Advance
Sorry seen your msg just now, i hope everything went fine with your appointment.

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:29 am

kankipati1975 wrote:
uat76672 wrote:
ranjithsangineni wrote:
Hello Silk Route,

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

Hi uat76672,

Thanks
HI kankipati1975,

Any update on your passport, i have done my interview on 19th Jan.

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:28 pm

uat76672 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:29 am
kankipati1975 wrote:
uat76672 wrote:
ranjithsangineni wrote:
Hello Silk Route,

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

Hi uat76672,

Thanks
HI kankipati1975,

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the passport, Received email from VFS Hyderabad for passport collection.

Time line:
Applied on :14th Oct 2021 (VFS Hyd)
Interview completed on: 19th Jan 2022
Email from VFS for passport collection:04th Feb 2022

Thanks all for your guidance.

On a separate note could any one please advise if i can apply OCI card for my child, while he is in India.

baji15
India

Post by baji15 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:46 pm

uat76672 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:28 pm
uat76672 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:29 am
kankipati1975 wrote:
uat76672 wrote:
ranjithsangineni wrote:
Hello Silk Route,

Thanks

Hi Ranjith,

Hi uat76672,

Thanks
HI kankipati1975,

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the passport, Received email from VFS Hyderabad for passport collection.

Time line:
Applied on :14th Oct 2021 (VFS Hyd)
Interview completed on: 19th Jan 2022
Email from VFS for passport collection:04th Feb 2022

Thanks all for your guidance.

On a separate note could any one please advise if i can apply OCI card for my child, while he is in India.
Hello ,

Good to hear , congratulations for your child passport

Yes you can apply OCI from India for your child.
But it’s once again time consuming.

Here is my experience
When I tried apply to oci for my son,
The moment child got British Passport , kid has to leave within a week to UK. Within a week he won’t get OCI. In FRO office they suggested me to apply for a year Indian visa. In order to get visa , I need to get no objection certificate from local police station that needs to submit to FRO office. ( SP / Commissioner office)

It took 1 week to get his 1 year visa . Then applied OCI , it took roughly around 3 months . Police verification will be time consuming once again for OCI application. We can track and ask many questions to FRO office , they will reply for every basic question we have.

Hope it helps

uat76672
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uat76672 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:22 am

Hi Baji15,

Thank you for your quick reply, and sharing some valuable inputs.

Did you apply OCI in India or from UK, can you please advise what question's we can expect at immigration clearance when leaving India and when arriving in UK.

baji15
India

Post by baji15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:18 pm

uat76672 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:22 am
Hi Baji15,

Thank you for your quick reply, and sharing some valuable inputs.

Did you apply OCI in India or from UK, can you please advise what question's we can expect at immigration clearance when leaving India and when arriving in UK.
hi ,
I applied OCI from india. I stayed in india for 2 years, so i applied 1 year indian visa first , during that 1 year i applied OCI and got it in 3 months time.

But if you wish to travel after British Passport, SP/Commissioner office will provide you immigration clearance certificate for the child that to valid for 1 week ( it might have changed or not , not sure - please check it in local office). Once you got immigration clearance in india, there is no problem in UK, because child got British passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 pm

Kindly post OCI queries in the Other Countries sub forum linked below. This topic will be locked now.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.