ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamaha
Member of Standing

previous application question

Post by zamaha » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:28 pm

Dear members
I am in the middle of preparing to apply for British citizenship and filling AN form. I came to two question if you can kindly answer me?
1- "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? "
Do I need to fill all my previous visa applications like ILR, extensions etc. I have been here for about 12 years now and have applied for visa 8 to 9 times. should I fill about all f them? I do not have the reference no. or the exact date that I applied. what should I do?

2- to show the 5 year residence, it only asked for passport covering those years or p60s, payslips or a letter from employer in online form. But when I checked the paper form, it asks for :"
SECTION 10: Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employ"

should I send it anyway? My P60s or payslips do not cover all 5 years only since 2018. is that ok?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: previous application question

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm

1 - all application you have made - provide as much detail as you got or can remember, some is "if known".
2 - As you are holding UK ILR you only need to provide your passport(s) covering the residency period. P60 etc are not required (for EU applicants only as they did not get stamps in passports).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.
Do I need mention all application from 12 years ago when I first came to the uk?
Or just since 5 years ago till today?
I may be able to find the date that I got my visa but not the date I applied for it for the first applications. What date I need to write down?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:20 pm

zamaha wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm
Do I need mention all application from 12 years ago when I first came to the uk? Yes
Or just since 5 years ago till today? The question specifies "any" application - i.e. all ... if you can't give details of everything then attach a note explaining the difficulty, for peace of mind.
I may be able to find the date that I got my visa but not the date I applied for it for the first applications. What date I need to write down?
The question specifies "any" application - i.e. all ... make an estimate of the dates (mm/yy) .... if you can't give details of everything then attach a note explaining the difficulty, for peace of mind.
Thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm
1 - all application you have made - provide as much detail as you got or can remember, some is "if known".
2 - As you are holding UK ILR you only need to provide your passport(s) covering the residency period. P60 etc are not required (for EU applicants only as they did not get stamps in passports).
Keep in mind non-EU family members of EU citizens also don't get stamps on passports. This might or might not be relevant to the OP, but the clarification needs to be made, so other members don't generalise. Some non-EU people do end up having to supply P60s etc.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:23 pm

zamaha wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm
Do I need mention all application from 12 years ago when I first came to the uk?
Or just since 5 years ago till today?
Thanks
Supply the date that is requested in the form. Do NOT put issue date instead of the application date, since that might end up meaning you had gaps of valid leave if a previous leave ended before your new one was issued!!! If you don't have exact dates, try and approximate them, and clarify that some dates are guesstimates.

Bottom line is: Gather as much information as you possibly can, and supply it. Don't assume they'll only look at the last 5 years, do make the effort, and do spend some time on it. You'll be surprised how much exact info you can gather if you search you email.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:49 pm

Thank you for your complete information.
I am non EU, so I believe my passports have all the stamps on it.
Yes, I am trying to gather all information and dates as much and accurate as I can and explain my background and visa application in a cover letter.
Thanks again