ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years - incorrect document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mitra_krishna
India

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years - incorrect document

Post by mitra_krishna » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:34 am

Dear forum members,

I submitted the naturalisation application (10 years + 1 year) and had my UKVCAS appointment yesterday.

For the proof of living in the UK for 5 years (applying on my own right) I had submitted travel history for 5 years (passport pages). I realised later that I had uploaded the old passport which lacked the visa stamps for a travel in Dec 2021 for 28 days. However, at UKVCAS office, I was repeatedly asking them to check referee, English language (my degree certificate in the UK), etc. they informed, they only check and scan the mandatory document which is my current passport. This one had all the visa stamps (including the travel in Dec 2021) which was scanned and uploaded by them.

I am wondering if this error will cause a major hassle.

Looking forward to some light,
Mitra

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Proof of living in the UK for 5 years - incorrect document

Post by manci » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:44 pm

What error? Both your old and new passports have been uploaded. It makes no difference who uploaded them you or UKVCAS
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

mitra_krishna
India

Re: Proof of living in the UK for 5 years - incorrect document

Post by mitra_krishna » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:57 pm

Many thanks Manci. Agreed, both are uploaded :-), only that one does not match the other which was worrying me.