ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to change from Tier 1/HSMP to Marriage visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKMaura
Newly Registered

Is it possible to change from Tier 1/HSMP to Marriage visa?

Post by UKMaura » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm

I am currently in the UK under what was previously known as the HSMP programme, and the visa will expire in November 2009. Since my work contract has just expired and I have been unable to find a new job so far, I am worried that I might not make enough money to extend my stay next November in the Tier 1 programme. My fiance (a UK citizen) and I are planning to get married before that time, anyway -- Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a Form FLR(M) visa or something like that instead of renewing my Tier 1 visa?? Has anyone else been in this type of situation before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maura

bani

Post by bani » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:55 pm

I have two colleagues who switched from a Work Permit to a spouse visa (when their WP expired). So I don't see any problem for you. If you've only been in the UK for a year, you would get ILR faster by switching to the spouse visa anyway so that's another reason to do it.

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:37 pm

vikas_raghunath

Re: Is it possible to change from Tier 1/HSMP to Marriage vi

Post by vikas_raghunath » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm

UKMaura wrote:I am currently in the UK under what was previously known as the HSMP programme, and the visa will expire in November 2009. Since my work contract has just expired and I have been unable to find a new job so far, I am worried that I might not make enough money to extend my stay next November in the Tier 1 programme. My fiance (a UK citizen) and I are planning to get married before that time, anyway -- Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a Form FLR(M) visa or something like that instead of renewing my Tier 1 visa?? Has anyone else been in this type of situation before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maura
My wife had a similar situation just a month back. She was on Work permit from her previous company and she quit her job. So she went back to india to get her Dependant visa stamped.

Switching between any type of work permit to dependant or vice versa requires you to get back to your home country.

So I suggest u switching to dependant just before your HSMP is due for extension.

Regards
Vikas