ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Kid only (Tier-2 Dependant now)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gatha_vdm
India

ILR for Kid only (Tier-2 Dependant now)

Post by gatha_vdm » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Hi Friends,

Hope you are well and staying safe.

I have ILR and my wife has ILR. I would like to apply for ILR for my son who was born in India, we all are presently in the UK. He was born before I got ILR.

I have filled out the SET O form.

It has got below documents required at the end.

Mandatory documents
  • The passport issued by India for My son
Other documents
  • Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Myself for joint accounts or third party support
  • Evidence of My son's immigration status in the UK
  • Declaration signed by Myself to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
    Current Biometric Residence Permit for My Son
  • All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

Is there any other document, I need to submit Such as my passport copy my BRP card, my wife's Passport, and her BRP copy, etc. Do I need to upload any address proof? we don't have anything on his name for now.

Kindly Advice.

Thanks in Advance

ToughLeo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Kid only (Tier-2 Dependant now)

Post by ToughLeo » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:02 am

are you not eligible for British citizenship yet? because, if you are, then you may apply for citizenship and then try to register your child as British under Section 3(1) apply at the discretion of Home Secretary. This is only a suggestion; as i have registered my child without ILR because my son was born in India before i got ILR and now I have citizenship and my wife just recently got her ILR....

gatha_vdm
India

Post by gatha_vdm » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Hi,

I haven't decided about my citizenship yet, thinking to hold Indian Passport for sometime.

Can anyone please help me with ILR application list of document for my son's application.

Many Thanks!
Gatha

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:31 pm

The documents are minimal. Passport, BRP and declarations
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gatha_vdm
India

Post by gatha_vdm » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:49 pm

Thank you Zimba for your kind reply.

Cheers!
Gatha