ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wow90
Ireland

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by Wow90 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:53 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Wow90 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:11 pm
Spoke too soon.

They are saying my proof of name and proof of address were photocopies...

Which one wasn't and the other one was from an online bill. I have ebill for electricity. This is ridiculous.

Estimated delivery date was 22nd of February.

On the queue of the webchat now. See what happens
[/quote

I tell everyone to notarize everything with a "...this is a true copy..." statement. Especially internet printouts for bank statements etc... Makes the document processors happy.

I just received an email asking for a new photo. Not a surprise. My photo was cropped from US passport photo. They sent an email with a code & a link to resubmit a new photo within 7 days .
Did it immediately. Tracking showed the "alert" and then back to" processing" after I resubmitted a new photo. Pushed my estimated issue date from 03/02/2022 to 10/02/2022 and now 23/02/2022.

jgclancy

I should have done that.

I was talking to two gents via Web chat and one over the phone.

The one over the phone said that there was a note in my case saying that they were gonna verified by downloading them from the online accounts... And in the end they didn't.

I read in twitter they were pushing back for anything they could to restart their SLAs cause of the backlog they have.

Basically have no other option than to submit 'originals' which if you online have ebills those are the originals. I even said I can submit screenshots..nothing...so backwards the system.

So basically once they receive the papers it goes back to the start of the queue and have to wait another 40 working days

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:44 pm

Sorry to hear, but as I'm one of those that went to the back of the line again, I can tell you even a cover letter to explain everything won't speed anything up. My clock re-started on December 31st and it's still "verifying", tracker hasn't moved. So much for hiring extra people to process things quicker.

damocov
Newly Registered

Post by damocov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:48 pm

So I'm now a whole month since my estimated Issue date of the 10th Jan and still stuck at 'processing' having read the last few comments I'm wondering if it's worth poking the tiger via webchat or just leaving it and seeing how long it takes to run.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:49 pm

damocov wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:48 pm
So I'm now a whole month since my estimated Issue date of the 10th Jan and still stuck at 'processing' having read the last few comments I'm wondering if it's worth poking the tiger via webchat or just leaving it and seeing how long it takes to run.
A month over the estimated issue date is a significant delay if they didnt ask for any further documents. I would have approached them. Whats the worse that could happen ... delay in processing? Well, its already 1 month delayed.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:54 am

damocov wrote:
One month?..yes, I'd make contact if I were you .

jgclancy

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:16 am

Can someone please provide the link for document checklist for First time passport application for adults ?

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:33 am

amolbawate wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:16 am
Can someone please provide the link for document checklist for First time passport application for adults ?
I think when you submit the application only then you can see the checklist which is part of the form you'd need to sign, verify by Garda and submit. I had the following to submit:
1. Identify verification form (part of application form)
2. Birth Certificate
3. Documents to verify citizenship (In case of naturalisation, naturalisation certificate)
4. Govt issued photo identification (Copy of front and back of PSC, or original Passport, or drivers licence)
5. Proof of name (utility bill, bank statement, govt correspondence etc.)
6. Proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, govt correspondence etc.)

Don Dragon
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Don Dragon » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:29 pm

damocov wrote:
Hi there,

If it makes you feel any better, I am in the exact same situation (I am one day behind you - so today is 1 month past my expected date of 11th Jan). The thing I am bearing in mind is our applications included the Christmas period whereby they no doubt had reduced staffing or days off.

Please keep us up to date if you do contact them though! If I could get through to the WebChat I would contact them and do likewise.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 am
Timeline

1 month 3 weeks 4 days ago
14/12/2021
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

1 month 3 weeks 1 day ago
17/12/2021
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

7/02/2022
Processing application
Your application is being processed

Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly and no more documents are required.
Got an email today asking for a clarification on Mother's birth surname. And stating: "Once your reply is received and the issue is resolved, we will aim to process your application within 10 working days." I have replied to the email.
On online tracker, its still showing as "Processing Application" and no change in Estimated delivery date.

damocov
Newly Registered

Post by damocov » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:37 am

And finally today my status turned to printing, ironically whilst I was standing in the passport control queue at Zurich airport behind the least competent people possible, having watched all those with EU/EFTA passports breeze through the gates.

@don dragon hopefully yours is not far behind !

Application received: 25/10/21
Documents acknowledged and status moved to verifying: 4/11/21
Estimated Issue date: 10/1/22
Status changed to 'processing': 13/1/22
Status changed to 'printing' 11/2/22

So that's 24 working days past the estimated Issue date.
I'll update when it arrives and when the card and documents arrive too

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:43 pm

1) Online application received: 18/9/21
Supporting docs mailed from USA : 4/11/21 --was traveling so delay in getting it sent

2) We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
5/11/2021

3) Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents:
30/11/21

4) Processing application: Your application is being processed:
01/02/2022

Estimated issue date is still: 03/02/22

Wednes. -Feb 9th, 2022 --email arrived asking for better photo (expected this) -new photo sent back on same date

Estimated issue date changed from 03/02/2022 to 10/02/2022 then on Feb 11th,2022 changed to 23/02/2022

On Sunday - Feb. 13th, 2022---status changed to "PRINTING" --estimated issue date still 02/23/2022

Woohoo....jgclancy

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Congratulations jgclancy!

Jeez applying for the first passport seems to be even worse than the citizenship! The fact that you might get sent to the back of the queue is infuriating to be honest, especially if they already have the required documents.

So how long on average it's taking people now from application to receiving the passport? I wish there were two separate threads, 1 for only timelines and another for discussions, similar to citizenship.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:23 pm

siseñor wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:16 pm
Congratulations jgclancy!

Jeez applying for the first passport seems to be even worse than the citizenship! The fact that you might get sent to the back of the queue is infuriating to be honest, especially if they already have the required documents.

So how long on average it's taking people now from application to receiving the passport? I wish there were two separate threads, 1 for only timelines and another for discussions, similar to citizenship.
Thanks....if I get my passport in the next week it will about 2 months & 2-3weeks since documents arrived. Considering the glut of applications I'm quite pleased with the time it has taken. As I've told people before --notarize everything & send extra stuff too ///extra proof of name & address- passpor t& another ID etc/// My FBR certificate took over 2 years due to Brexit & Covid --it was okayed a few days before the offices shutdown in Dec. 2020 --I obtained it Aug 2021 and it was dated mid-Dec-2020 - That was frustrating I must say

jgclancy

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:46 am

1st Time Adult Applicant i need help clarification so i can prepare myself.

(1) Original Long Form Birth Certificate. I do not have original long form birth certificate. I only have Original (National Population Commission birth certificate which have been authenticated by my country's embassy in Dublin and was accepted by citizenship). Can i submit this?

(2) Original Civil Marriage Certificate. I have original Irish Marriage certificate as my surname has changed due to marriage.

(3) Proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship. (I have my original Certificate of Naturalisation )

(4) I have original national passport and driver's licence. Should i just make copies and have Garda or any solicitor certify them, or i must provide originals? Same Garda or Solicitor must witness my print out application form?

(5) Should i include additional document such as copy of PPS card and Student ID and have them certified by garda or Solicitor?

(6) Must my original national passport be provided in my application?

(7) Proof of Name: Will a print out Tax clearance from welfare.ie be acceptable if certified by Garda or solicitor? Can I also provide a different bank statement and have it certified too?

(8) Proof of Address: I have original bank statement and utility bill, can i provide copy and have them certified or i must provide originals?

In summary, i would like to know exactly what ORIGINAL documents i must provide and what certified copies i must provide. Or do i need to provide Originals and as well certified copy?

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by babyhalloween2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am

Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend.
I've recently received my FBR certificate and have been going through the process to get my Passport application ready.
I have my birth and FBR certificates, and relevant proofs of name/address. I can get someone I know to certify my driver's license. However, the only thing I'm not clear on is sending my original (GBR) passport... I have travel booked in April and I'm not confident I'd get the GBR passport back in time if I sent it with my Irish application. So I could either a) send a certified passport copy or b) wait until after my travel in April to send my application off. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've tried waiting for the webchat agents but no luck yet...

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:40 am

jgclancy wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:23 pm

Thanks....if I get my passport in the next week it will about 2 months & 2-3weeks since documents arrived. Considering the glut of applications I'm quite pleased with the time it has taken. As I've told people before --notarize everything & send extra stuff too ///extra proof of name & address- passpor t& another ID etc/// My FBR certificate took over 2 years due to Brexit & Covid --it was okayed a few days before the offices shutdown in Dec. 2020 --I obtained it Aug 2021 and it was dated mid-Dec-2020 - That was frustrating I must say

jgclancy
3 months is such a long time alright, and that seems to be the fastest time as well :( Thanks for the tips and congrats again on finishing this unpleasant journey!

Corkythecat
United Kingdom

Post by Corkythecat » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:01 pm

babyhalloween2 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am
Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend.
I've recently received my FBR certificate and have been going through the process to get my Passport application ready.
I have my birth and FBR certificates, and relevant proofs of name/address. I can get someone I know to certify my driver's license. However, the only thing I'm not clear on is sending my original (GBR) passport... I have travel booked in April and I'm not confident I'd get the GBR passport back in time if I sent it with my Irish application. So I could either a) send a certified passport copy or b) wait until after my travel in April to send my application off. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've tried waiting for the webchat agents but no luck yet...
Hi, I got my passport at Christmas after ~10 weeks with no complications. I sent my original GB passport and it was returned promptly shortly after the passport arrived.
I think you would be right to not expect your passport back much before May.
The regulations I've read do say they would accept a certified copy of drivers licence. No official mention of accepting a certified copy of passport I could see (though some say they did this and it was accepted).

The form I read said documents required for a 1st Time Adult Applicant are:

-Original Long Form Birth Certificate.
-Original Civil Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
-Proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship if born abroad.
-Photo Identification: e.g. Drivers licence (a certified copy of your driver’s licence will suffice if certified by the same person who witnessed your application form), Public Services Card, college identification,passport from another country.
-Proof of Name: such as payslips, tax documents, college registration, social welfare receipts etc.
-Proof of Address: such as utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence etc.

I was wary of sending my original passport but had no problem in the end.
I thought it would reduce the chance of any issues with a copy/certification.

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by babyhalloween2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Corkythecat wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:01 pm
Hi, I got my passport at Christmas after ~10 weeks with no complications. I sent my original GB passport and it was returned promptly shortly after the passport arrived.
The regulations I've read do say they would accept a certified copy of drivers licence. No official mention of accepting a certified copy of passport I could see (though some say they did this and it was accepted).

-Photo Identification: e.g. Drivers licence (a certified copy of your driver’s licence will suffice if certified by the same person who witnessed your application form), Public Services Card, college identification,passport from another country.
-Proof of Name: such as payslips, tax documents, college registration, social welfare receipts etc.
-Proof of Address: such as utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence etc.

Hi Corky, thanks for this. I managed to speak to the Webchat service this afternoon, and the agent confirmed they would accept a certified copy. I am going to do that, and also print off the transcript of the conversation just so it's clear I was told by the webchat service directly by themselves that a certified copy would be okay. I will also be sending my actual license (seeing as I don't drive so it's not like I need it for that) and the paper counterpart. Everything else is ready to go so just need my witness to sign the form. Will be interesting to see how long it takes! Very excited to hold this little bit of Ireland in my hands. :D

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:51 pm

babyhalloween2 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:17 pm
Corkythecat wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi Corky, thanks for this. I managed to speak to the Webchat service this afternoon, and the agent confirmed they would accept a certified copy. I am going to do that, and also print off the transcript of the conversation just so it's clear I was told by the webchat service directly by themselves that a certified copy would be okay. I will also be sending my actual license (seeing as I don't drive so it's not like I need it for that) and the paper counterpart. Everything else is ready to go so just need my witness to sign the form. Will be interesting to see how long it takes! Very excited to hold this little bit of Ireland in my hands. :D

Hi babyhalloween2 ---today the tracker says my passport has been mailed to me. I used a notarized copy of my US passport. I also sent notarized copies of ID & SS card. No problem. Notarize everything you can is my motto ;)

goodluck jgclancy

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by babyhalloween2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:03 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi babyhalloween2 ---today the tracker says my passport has been mailed to me. I used a notarized copy of my US passport. I also sent notarized copies of ID & SS card. No problem. Notarize everything you can is my motto ;)

goodluck jgclancy
Hi jgclancy, that is fantastic news, congrats! Hope you have it very soon. Also very good to know this, I appreciate it. :)

orod
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orod » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:36 am

First time passport application based on naturalisation; passport printed & posted back 59 days following the online application.

In order to avoid delays I submitted two documents as my "birth certificate":

1) Long-form birth certificate: "Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği" with family member details, English translation of this document provided by the Turkish embassy in Dublin.
2) Formul-A multi-lingual international birth certificate from the Turkish Embassy in Dublin.

Verification phase took 52 days.
Processing phase took 4 days.

15/02/2022
Printing
Your Passport Card is being printed

14/02/2022
Dispatched
Your Passport Book was posted on 14/02/2022

10/02/2022
Processing application
Your application is being processed

20/12/2021
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

17/12/2021
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

BrazilianGalway
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by BrazilianGalway » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Online application received: 16/12/21
Supporting docs received, processing application, verifying documents: 17/12/21
Estimated issue date: 24/02/2022

Changed to Processing application: 20/12/21
Passport printing:15/02/2022
Delivered: 17/02/2022

7 days before due date, my journey is finally over.
Thank you everyone
Hope you will get yours soon enough

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:23 am

Wow90 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:53 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Wow90 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:11 pm
Spoke too soon.

They are saying my proof of name and proof of address were photocopies...

Which one wasn't and the other one was from an online bill. I have ebill for electricity. This is ridiculous.

Estimated delivery date was 22nd of February.

On the queue of the webchat now. See what happens
[/quote

I tell everyone to notarize everything with a "...this is a true copy..." statement. Especially internet printouts for bank statements etc... Makes the document processors happy.

I just received an email asking for a new photo. Not a surprise. My photo was cropped from US passport photo. They sent an email with a code & a link to resubmit a new photo within 7 days .
Did it immediately. Tracking showed the "alert" and then back to" processing" after I resubmitted a new photo. Pushed my estimated issue date from 03/02/2022 to 10/02/2022 and now 23/02/2022.

jgclancy

I should have done that.

I was talking to two gents via Web chat and one over the phone.

The one over the phone said that there was a note in my case saying that they were gonna verified by downloading them from the online accounts... And in the end they didn't.

I read in twitter they were pushing back for anything they could to restart their SLAs cause of the backlog they have.

Basically have no other option than to submit 'originals' which if you online have ebills those are the originals. I even said I can submit screenshots..nothing...so backwards the system.

So basically once they receive the papers it goes back to the start of the queue and have to wait another 40 working days

Update :

16/02: Supporting documents received. Talked to Web chat and they informed that they are already part of application.

18/02: "original proof of address and original proof of name" out for delivery to them

Tracker still says processing and same estimate date of February 22nd.

If tracker doesn't update next week I'll contact them again.

"original proof of address and proof of name" out for delivery

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:56 am

Hi Folks,

I am applying for first time passport soon. As per the requirement the birth certificate document shouldn't be laminated. My birth certificate document is 35 year old. I tried to remove the lamination cover from one side but afraid its going to destroy the certificate.

Can I send the original laminated one with notarized copy, will this work ?

UncleBud
United States of America

Post by UncleBud » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 am

jgclancy wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:43 pm
1) Online application received: 18/9/21
Supporting docs mailed from USA : 4/11/21 --was traveling so delay in getting it sent

2) We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
5/11/2021

3) Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents:
30/11/21

4) Processing application: Your application is being processed:
01/02/2022

Estimated issue date is still: 03/02/22

Wednes. -Feb 9th, 2022 --email arrived asking for better photo (expected this) -new photo sent back on same date

Estimated issue date changed from 03/02/2022 to 10/02/2022 then on Feb 11th,2022 changed to 23/02/2022

On Sunday - Feb. 13th, 2022---status changed to "PRINTING" --estimated issue date still 02/23/2022

Woohoo....jgclancy
Wonderful News, jgclancy! It's been such a long road! Enjoy that celebratory pint when your passport arrives!