ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdi44
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by Abdi44 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:18 pm

I did send email i get normal generic email.

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:32 pm

what answers you get.try this
email address.
nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:08 pm

hi again.i applied naturalisation application on 27 july 2021. went to biometric 19 august 21. 31 December 2021 ,received email from home office. We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 pm

another response from home office 25 01 2022
refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

A person applying under this section is expected to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 5 years before making the application.

As your application was received in the Home Office on 27 July 2021, you must therefore have been in the United Kingdom on 28 July 2016.

According to your application form you left the United Kingdom on 17 July 2016 and returned on 28 August 2016.

As you were not in the United Kingdom on 28 July 2016 this requirement is not met.

However, if you reply to this email using the address below, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your new application date will be the date that your email is received by the Home Office.

To do this, simply reply to this email using the address nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk confirming that you wish to re submit your application.

So that we are able to continue to consider your application please make sure you reply to this email by 08 February 2022.

Failure to reply by this date will result in your application being refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying .
i confirmed re submit application 25 01 2022 .

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:18 pm

received email from home office 02 02 22.
Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that a decision has been made on your case and should hear from us soon if you haven’t already done so.
are they joke or generic computer reply,or true?
have anyone received same thing.

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 am

orhan66 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:18 pm
received email from home office 02 02 22.
Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that a decision has been made on your case and should hear from us soon if you haven’t already done so.
are they joke or generic computer reply,or true?
have anyone received same thing.

If that's the case then most probably you will recieve the homeoffice atlas email on Mon 7th Feburary (good luck).

I have also applied in July,2021. However, did not recieve any correspondence from H.O even not a generic response. :roll:

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 am

thank you.good luck for us.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi Folks,

Would the Right to Work/ Rent show up invalid for the ILR BRP once the naturalisation is approved?
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:45 pm

mesn wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:35 pm
Hi Folks,

Would the Right to Work/ Rent show up invalid for the ILR BRP once the naturalisation is approved?
You are only British once you have attended your ceremony. Until that point, you are an ilr holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:45 pm
mesn wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:35 pm
Hi Folks,

You are only British once you have attended your ceremony. Until that point, you are an ilr holder.
Thanks Ma'am as always. Just curious, does it show invalid after ceremony and for kids (although it says they don't have to prove right to rent/ work) after naturalisation as there are cases where the border authority are able to share this with naturalisation applicants.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:01 am

Hi,
I submitted naturalization application for my wife and daughter on 29-June-2021 and completed the biometric on 03-July 2021.
It has been more than 7months now and still we are waiting for the decision.
Couple of weeks back I emailed my local MP and they are also now chasing for the application status but no reply yet.
What else I can do now to check the status?
Kindly advice

Thanks

Ja2817
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ja2817 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:52 pm

Hi, I have recieved a reply from HO on email which I did actually sent it to get an update on my application. They have replied me on 7th Feb that my application was approved on 1st Feb and they sent me an email, which I did not receive it. I also checked with council for the ceremony if they ve received any update but they have also not received any update on my name.

Just wondering what can I do now, or how can I contact HO to re-send me that email with the letter of invitation?

Much appreciate if someone can please help me.
Thanks

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:59 pm

Ja2817 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:52 pm
Hi, I have recieved a reply from HO on email which I did actually sent it to get an update on my application. They have replied me on 7th Feb that my application was approved on 1st Feb and they sent me an email, which I did not receive it. I also checked with council for the ceremony if they ve received any update but they have also not received any update on my name.

Just wondering what can I do now, or how can I contact HO to re-send me that email with the letter of invitation?

Much appreciate if someone can please help me.
Thanks
when did you apply and when did they say they approved it?

approval batches come in on mondays so maybe they'll send it on the 14th

Ja2817
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ja2817 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:35 am

I applied in June, 2021. I sent email on 7th Jan 22 to get an update. I received a reply on 7th Feb that my application was approved on 1st Feb and they sent me an email please check your junk folder. I have checked everywhere and I didn't recieve any email.

Ja2817
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ja2817 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:35 am

I applied in June, 2021. I sent email on 7th Jan 22 to get an update. I received a reply on 7th Feb that my application was approved on 1st Feb and they sent me an email please check your junk folder. I have checked everywhere and I didn't recieve any email.

Rajja78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rajja78 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:31 pm

I am in the process of the naturalization application. Also, I've got a new job which is planning to join next month but in the application, I have mentioned my current company which am working for the last 10 years.on the other hand, it will take another 2 months to get the payslips from the new company to mention their tax code or reference. Please suggest is this okay to proceed and submit the application this month or can I wait till joining the new company?

Andss
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Andss » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:33 pm

I got email today is this good I’m waiting 19 months for reply

I can confirm that your cases are still being considered and the case worker will be in touch when they have been approved.

orhan66
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by orhan66 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:07 pm

hi jaira 78.do not be hurry. just wait.when everything's ready then apply,naturalisation application. from now just fill up to form but don't submit or don't pay the fees.

Ja2817
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ja2817 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:54 pm

Guzz wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:04 pm
Guzz wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:11 pm
Setmilr987 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 pm
@opinion19903214 Thank you so much. Highly appreciated.

It's been six months and I have not recieved any correspondence/update from the home office.

I believe, my application was super straightforward. 5 years same catagory + ILR , no gap, no overstaying, no complex immigration history, no convictions, not spent more than 14 days outside of the UK but still waiting for more than six month to get the decesion. Just wondering, what kind of application queue system HO has where some applicants get the decesion within 6 to 8 weeks and some are waiting for months and years.

I have seen here on the forum that many applicants who have passed the six months timeline and HO replied to everyone with the same response/excuse.

I will also give a try and will see what they response.
Hi, I am also waiting over 6 months now with not a single piece of information having ever been passed onto myself since i made the application (12 June 2021). I have emailed HO immediately on the 13th with no response to date.

I’d be most grateful if you could let me know whether your enquiries bring any joy!
I have today finally received a response to my December email enquiring what’s going on - decision made on 11th January and sent by email! I never received a single thing. Hope you hear back soon

Everyone - does anyone know whether there is a thread explaining what the decision email generally says? I am keen to find out since the response to my enquiry was in itself was quite brief and I’d like some more info. Thanks
Hi, I am in a same situation could you please update me that did HO send you the email again? Or how did you deal with it?
Thanks

woltoofficial
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by woltoofficial » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi everyone, I just got a few questions that’s come up only after sending an enquiry email to HO.

So I’ve submitted my application on 3rd of Jan 2022 and booked biometric on the same day for a free appointment on 28th Jan 2022.

1. I didn’t get an acknowledgment email so I emailed a contact email address I found on here to ask about acknowledgment from HO.
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

2. Their automatic reply had a section that said something like “I have a valid reason for being unable to register my
Biometrics within 15 working days (30 working days for
applications made overseas)?” My question is, is there a deadline to attend and submit documents and have I missed these deadlines?

I uploaded and submitted documents on 14th Jan 2 weeks before my biometric appointment which was on 28th Jan. According to my calculations, I submitted 25 days after application and it’s within 28 days of the evidence still being “fresh” and appointment was within 45 days.

3. For proof of 5 years, I scanned all copies of my expired and current passport and also included College and University letters to confirm I was in education for the past 7 years but the person at the biometric appointment was saying people normally submit P60s instead of Passport pages. fyI, I am a non-EEA.

4. Did the biometric person have to scan expired passport as well to verify? I am not sure if they did but my passports were combined and I gave both to him so he had the opportunity to scan both but not sure if he did.

5. When should I expect a decision? I feel like my case is very straightforward. Had ILR on 2nd Dec 2020 and waited a year to apply on 3rd Jan 2022. Previously been here since 2014 and never left the country.

Thanks I’m advance.

Bouazza
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Bouazza » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:25 pm

Hello I apply citizenship in June I still don't hear nothing only automatic email from them
I'm on five year route spouse

I hold ilr indefinite leave to.remain

In December last year I was on holiday , when I come back from.holiday in airport in uk , the police immigration say my ilr card finish need new one
I said the expiry date until 2024, he said not matter tye date , he don't stop me or anything just he said I need new one that's all, anyone have any idea ?

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Has anyone received a UKVI survey email today? Would be great if people can share that detail in the naturalisation timeline

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Does anyone know about ombudsman and where (link) to lodge a complaint .

It's been over 7 months and 2 weeks and I did not recieve a decision on my naturalization application and therefore I am thinking to contact Ombudsman.
I have checked on the google but OMBUDSMAN does not show about UKVI. It only shows to complaint about energy suppliers.

I have already lodged a complaint to UKVI after the completion of six months (standard service time) which they supposed to response in 20 working days but they did not. Also, involved my local MP but no response so far.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:43 pm

@Setmilr987
There's no Ombudsman overseeing the Home Office UKVI!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:42 am

Yes they make their own rules. Been waiting since August. Nearly 7 months now. Some are getting answers within a month or 2 and even moaning that it took too long lol.