ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-Settled to Settled Status (what if refused?)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ogivig
Newly Registered
South Africa

Pre-Settled to Settled Status (what if refused?)

Post by ogivig » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:54 am

Hello everyone I am an EU citizen,

I hope you can give me some guidance.

I currently have pre-settled status since September 2020 but I have been living in the UK since 2016.

When I tried applying for Settled Status it only had 2 years of tax info in the Auto-check. I have bank statements covering all the other years they need info for.

My only question is if my application is refused for some reason (perhaps not happy with my evidence?) would I just be granted pre-settled status again? Or would I have to reapply for pre-settled status... do I love my current pre-settled as soon as I lodge my new application for Settled Status?

Also any idea on current processing times?

Appreciate any info!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Pre-Settled to Settled Status (what if refused?)

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Your Pre Settled status will not be affected if your application is refused.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am

ogivig wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:54 am
My only question is if my application is refused for some reason (perhaps not happy with my evidence?) would I just be granted pre-settled status again?
As per the case worker guidance, page 58-59, "Further applications" you would be granted pre-settled status again, which will be valid for another five years.
If you grant pre-settled status where the applicant has pre-settled status, then it will vary (replace) the earlier grant of pre-settled status. The date of the first grant of presettled status will remain the start date of their pre-settled status. The expiry date of their pre-settled status will be 5 years from the date of decision on the further application for pre-settled status.
do I love my current pre-settled as soon as I lodge my new application for Settled Status?
No. Then when granted, it would amount to extend your pre-settled status for another 5 years.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ogivig
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ogivig » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:20 am

Thank you very much for the replies :)