ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pray4all
India

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by pray4all » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:12 pm

Hello,

My wife has received an email from council today they have received 'Certificate of Naturalisation' from HO and have booked the virtual ceremony.

They have stated that I would receive 16 digit reference number that I need to state during ceremony.

They say -

"what you must do now
Please email confirming information below:
1. Received all : Home office citizenship letter yes/ no
2. Name telephone
3. Teams invitation date & time"

I have checked my wife's email box, we haven't found any email from HO - neither approval nor invitation related.

Getting bit anxious - what's the process?

Is this right that council email comes first & then we receive email from HO? If yes, how many days post council email does HO sends email?

shall we wait for email from HO? Or call council ? Or call home office?

I am not sure what I should reply to council email if I say not received ref# - will they postpone ceremony?

Thanks

vaa
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by vaa » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 am

You should have received an email from "Home Office Atlas • home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk" with subject "Application Update". Inside you have a 16 digits ref, in groups of 4, with dashes (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx). Pretty sure it's the same as in your application, there it's called "unique application number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/yy..". Same ref you can find in your UKVCAS confirmation email as first part of the invoice number.

I did not receive an email from council, the email mentioned above contained info what to do next, i.e. call council and book ceremony time, bring the letter with the ref / the email printed. AFAIR this step must be done within 3 months from the approval letter/email.

Might be best if your wife ring or email HO to get the status of the application.

vaa
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by vaa » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:30 am

vaa wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 am
You should have received an email from "Home Office Atlas • home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk" with subject "Application Update". Inside you have a 16 digits ref, in groups of 4, with dashes (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx). Pretty sure it's the same as in your application, there it's called "unique application number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/yy..". Same ref you can find in your UKVCAS confirmation email as first part of the invoice number.

I did not receive an email from council, the email mentioned above contained info what to do next, i.e. call council and book ceremony time, bring the letter with the ref / the email printed. AFAIR this step must be done within 3 months from the approval letter/email.

Might be best if your wife ring or email HO to get the status of the application.
It appears that for some applications a letter is sent through the post. Have a look here - british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 22866.html

Good luck.