ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Employment Letter Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

ILR - Employment Letter Question

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:31 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my wife's ILR. I am a managing director, employee, and a sole shareholder of a limited company. I receive monthly salary from my company so will use my salary from employment to meet financial requirments. I have a question:

Regarding letter from employer, shall I write and sign the letter on letter head to meet below requirement?

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming 1. the employment; 2. the gross annual salary; 3. how long the employment has been/was held; 4. the period over which the person has beenpaid the level of salary stated in their application; and 5. the type of employment (permanent,fixed-term contract or agency)

Previously, when I applied for my wife's extension in 2019, I was not the managing director but was an employee, one of the two shareholders and one of the two directors. So the managing director at the time had provided the letter.

Who should provide the letter now?

I am aware that I must apply under Category F or G, as opposed to Category A or B and I need to provide company specific documents from last financial year. I am relying on gross salary and bonus payments from my employment, but just not sure if I can provide letter confirming my employment, salary etc myself.

Thank you

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Employment Letter Question

Post by ILRApplication01 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:54 pm

Can someone please help?

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:14 am

It's just to help other people who may be on the same boat, I have provided a letter from company accountant on their letterhead mentioning the earning, salary, type of employment, length of employment etc. Additionally, I provided the similar letter on our company letterhead and signing it myself as Managing Director. I mentioned this on the covering letter that I am signing this letter on behalf of the company because I am the only officer of the company and other employees are not authorised to sign such letters.

I am pleased to confirm that my wife received the email, confirming successful application and we are now waiting for BRP.

I have a question regarding naturalisation, can she apply for naturalisation straightaway, once she receives her BRP? I am a british citizen so does she still need to wait 12 months?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 am

ILRApplication01 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:14 am
It's just to help other people who may be on the same boat, I have provided a letter from company accountant on their letterhead mentioning the earning, salary, type of employment, length of employment etc. Additionally, I provided the similar letter on our company letterhead and signing it myself as Managing Director. I mentioned this on the covering letter that I am signing this letter on behalf of the company because I am the only officer of the company and other employees are not authorised to sign such letters.

I am pleased to confirm that my wife received the email, confirming successful application and we are now waiting for BRP.

I have a question regarding naturalisation, can she apply for naturalisation straightaway, once she receives her BRP? I am a british citizen so does she still need to wait 12 months? Yes, as married to BC, she can apply immediately for naturalisation.

Thanks

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:23 am

Thank you for your reply. I have three follow up questions:

1) We are planning to travel next month so can she travel after we have applied for naturalisation (say this month), and re-enter UK whilst her application is pending?

2) Is there a super priority service for naturalisation?

3) Does she need to attend an appointment for Biometrics again?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:33 pm

ILRApplication01 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:23 am
Thank you for your reply. I have three follow up questions:

1) We are planning to travel next month so can she travel after we have applied for naturalisation (say this month), and re-enter UK whilst her application is pending?

2) Is there a super priority service for naturalisation?

3) Does she need to attend an appointment for Biometrics again?

Thanks
Please ask your citizenship question in the British citizenship sub forum, link below. These questions are not relevant to the ILR sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:24 pm

Thanks @CR001.

I have moved my questions to below post, I would be obliged if you could answer.

Naturalisation Application and Travelling

Thanks