ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension period query for FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial requirement query for FLR (M)

Post by y2kmocho » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife under a family settlement visa. Her 2y and 9months will end at the end of May. So I will be applying soon maybe April or early May to extend this for a further 2y and 6months.

I am meeting the financial requirements with my current unsalaried job. I have a concern because there is a good chance my job will end at the end of June as it is a contract job and it doesn't look like they will extend.

So my query is once I make an extension application will they check whether I met the financial requirements based on the date of the submitted application or is there a chance they will decide based on a date after the date of application.

I ask because if they check after the application date there is a chance I maybe unemployed, so I wanted to check if there is a risk here.

I Appreciate any advice/help. Thanks.

Kind regards
y2kmocho

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirement query for FLR (M)

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:44 pm

y2kmocho wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife under a family settlement visa. Her 2y and 9months will end at the end of May. So I will be applying soon maybe April or early May to extend this for a further 2y and 6months.

I am meeting the financial requirements with my current unsalaried job. I have a concern because there is a good chance my job will end at the end of June as it is a contract job and it doesn't look like they will extend.

So my query is once I make an extension application will they check whether I met the financial requirements based on the date of the submitted application or is there a chance they will decide based on a date after the date of application.

I ask because if they check after the application date there is a chance I maybe unemployed, so I wanted to check if there is a risk here.

Kind regards
y2kmocho
The relevant date is meeting the requirements on the date of application. Checking employment status is not a given and if I recall a court case was delivered in favour of application that met requirements on date of application but not afterwards.

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa extension period query for FLR (M)

Post by y2kmocho » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:27 pm

Hi,

I am planning to submit a Family Visa extension request FLR (M) soon. Hopefully it will be approved once submitted.

I just wanted to know do they extend the visa for 30 months from the date of application or is it from the date when they make a decision.

Asking because I want to apply little early due my current job being in risk but want to ensure my wife is in the UK for the full 5 years required for ILR later and an extra 1 month to travel abroad.

Kind regards
y2kmocho

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa extension period query for FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:32 pm

It is valid from date of decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.