ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application - Question on Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Naturalization Application - Question on Referee

Post by Thecaptaine » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:49 pm

Hi all,

I am finally at the stage where I can apply for UK naturalization. I think have most of the form sorted largely from the ILR application last year, but I am stuck on the referee topic.

I have a colleague who's a manager (one of many managers in a large company which employs over 2000 people globally) and is certainly VAT registered in the UK as well. Is that good enough? Also , the same referee is a registered accountant in Australia, but his role is unrelated to accounting. Would that person be a reasonable choice as a referee? There does not seem to be any emphasis on accountant being registered in the UK like there is with some other professions like engineer etc.

As always, your advise and guidance is greatly appreciated and very invaluable. Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalization Application - Question on Referee

Post by Thecaptaine » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:57 pm

I managed to get another referee, so this original question is now a moot point. I did have few other questions now that I have submitted my application form .

In my checklist of documents, I'll use the scanned passport to showcase all the trips taken in the last 5 years - that should suffice for the proof of living in the UK for 5 years , right? Or do I need to get the council tax letters for this timeframe?

Also - is there a need for a letter from my employer which states when I joined and sign-off on any absence from the UK? I had a letter from the HR for my ILR application, but not sure if I need a similar letter from my employer for the naturalization application?

Also on UKCVAS , the document checklist has optional documents for finance/education/life events/employment history. Is this needed? My application checklist does not have these documents besides proof for English and degree certificate.

Thanks for your response mods and I look forward to your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:07 pm

In my checklist of documents, I'll use the scanned passport to showcase all the trips taken in the last 5 years - that should suffice for the proof of living in the UK for 5 years , right? Or do I need to get the council tax letters for this timeframe?
Just your passport(s).
Also - is there a need for a letter from my employer which states when I joined and sign-off on any absence from the UK? I had a letter from the HR for my ILR application, but not sure if I need a similar letter from my employer for the naturalization application?
Not required.
Also on UKCVAS , the document checklist has optional documents for finance/education/life events/employment history. Is this needed? My application checklist does not have these documents besides proof for English and degree certificate.
Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response CR001. Really appreciate it.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:29 pm

I had another question for my spouse who is American. We will be applying for her naturalization later in March. She is an American citizen and she did her bachelor's degree in the US. Does she need to get her university degree certificated as a UK equivalent? And does she need the English language equivalence certificate from Ecctis? Thanks once again, mods.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:33 pm

Americans do not need to meet the English requirment tests
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:12 am

Thanks for your response CR001. And what about university degree equivalence? Or is that not relevant for Americans either?

And on a separate note, I finished the biometrics for my application last week , but I just realized one thing. On the form, in my absences outside the UK for the last 5 years, I used up the maximum rows available on the online form and I had 2 more entries left. I forgot to attach the excel of the 2 additional trips I took in the last 5 years on the document upload portal. But I have given all my passport page scans. So is there a need to notify the HO about this? Or wait for them to get in touch with me if they find the discrepancy? Or is it something I can ignore?

As always, thanks for your assistance with this.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:14 am

Hi admins - is there any advice/suggestion for the above question on missed entry dates on the application, please?