ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Becoming British Citizen / ILR spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Becoming British Citizen / ILR spouse

Post by MarkCa » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:07 am

Hello,

I currently have ILR. I will hopefully become British Citizen around March next year (I can apply in January next year).

My wife will receive ILR in November this year, so about 2 months before I apply for British Citizenship.

I am aware that she can apply for BC in less than 12 months after receiving ILR, so she will be able to apply for BC as soon as I receive it.

However, can you please let me know when am I considered as British Citizen for the purpose of her application:

1. When I receive the certificate after the ceremony
2. When I receive the passport
3. Anything else (what)?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Becoming British Citizen / ILR spouse

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:54 am

1) you are a BC on completing the ceremony where you receive the certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Perfect, thank you for prompt response.

Just to confirm, I can scan the certificate and upload it as a supporting document? I would also add a marriage certificate, although we already provided this but no harm to sending it again.

Do I need to do anything else in regards to confirming that she is married to British Citizen?

Thanks!

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:41 pm

Anyone? :)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:01 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm
Perfect, thank you for prompt response.

Just to confirm, I can scan the certificate and upload it as a supporting document? I would also add a marriage certificate, although we already provided this but no harm to sending it again. You scan both certificates - not sure where you provided your marriage certificate (ILR?) but this is a totally separate appplication and all required documents must be provided.

Do I need to do anything else in regards to confirming that she is married to British Citizen? That should be it.

Thanks!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 pm

We provided it when we applied for my ILR and her PBS visa extension. It was provided as part of her application to confirm surname change. Anyway, we will provide it again, no harm.