ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is the earliest date i can apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fakhardr55
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

When is the earliest date i can apply for ILR?

Post by fakhardr55 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:01 am

Hi,

I have question about earliest date i can apply for my ILR. My details are as below.

I am on tier 2 general visa which is now health and care visa, i am a doctor and working in the same trust since june 2017.

Fisrt BRP issue date: 18/5/2017
Starting date of Visa vignette: 22/5/2017
Date of entry in the UK: 10/06/2017

My only question is about earliest date i can apply for my ILR. I u understand that it can be 28 days prior but i am unsure 28 days prior to which one of the above. I want to apply asap and i will be going for same day service too (super priority).

I will appreciate for any expert advise on this.
Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: When is the earliest date i can apply for ILR?

Post by ywlgy » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:33 pm

fakhardr55 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:01 am
Hi,

I have question about earliest date i can apply for my ILR. My details are as below.

I am on tier 2 general visa which is now health and care visa, i am a doctor and working in the same trust since june 2017.

Fisrt BRP issue date: 18/5/2017This one
Starting date of Visa vignette: 22/5/2017
Date of entry in the UK: 10/06/2017

My only question is about earliest date i can apply for my ILR. I u understand that it can be 28 days prior but i am unsure 28 days prior to which one of the above. I want to apply asap and i will be going for same day service too (super priority).

I will appreciate for any expert advise on this.
Thanks
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

fakhardr55
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fakhardr55 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:42 pm

Thanks alot for your response.

One more thing, is it possible that i fill and submit online application and fee a month before 28 days and book my biometrics appointment at the same time, keeping biometrics appointment within the 28 days period?

Or can i not do that?

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:39 pm

fakhardr55 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:42 pm

One more thing, is it possible that i fill and submit online application and fee a month before 28 days and book my biometrics appointment at the same time, keeping biometrics appointment within the 28 days period?

Or can i not do that?
Yes, You can do that. Your date of application is the date you pay and submit your application to Home Office. Your biometrics date is irrelevant and can be next day or 45 days later. Doesn't make any difference to what the Home Office consider to be the date of application.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:10 pm

fakhardr55 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:42 pm

Or can i not do that?
No, it's risky especially if you want to use the super priority. By the decision date you will have not completed the 5y. The safest way is to submit the application on exactly 28 days before the anniversary.
CR 6.1. The continuous residence period in CR 2.1. will be calculated by counting back from whichever of the following dates is the most beneficial to the applicant:
(a) the date of application; or
(b) any date up to 28 days after the date of application; or
(c) the date of decision; or
(d) for a person seeking settlement on the UK Ancestry route, the date of their last grant of permission.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

fakhardr55
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fakhardr55 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:09 pm

Thank u very much to both of u for ur response.
Its very helpful.

nightcrawler2u
India

Post by nightcrawler2u » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:54 am

fakhardr55 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:09 pm
Thank u very much to both of u for ur response.
Its very helpful.
Ywlgy is right. What I meant to say was its tour date of application that is the key and needs to be 28 days before 5Y. It cannot be earlier than that. Biometrics date doesn't matter when looking at qualification period.