ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Question for Child to get registered as British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avahir1984
Newly Registered
India

MN1 Question for Child to get registered as British Citizen

Post by avahir1984 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi All,

I have just received ILR status and based on it I am going to process MN1 registration for my UK born child.

I am Indian national as of today and holding ILR

in MN1 form there is a question: Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

This question is confusing to me as if I dont consider EEA part in bracket I feel like answering YES as my child relies on me ILR (Settled status)

But bracketed note specific for EEA national or family of EEA national I believe does not apply to Indian national so I think I should answer No.

Any help on this is much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: MN1 Question for Child to get registered as British Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:25 pm

avahir1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 pm
Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?
No, because you almost certainly do not have Permanent Residence (a specific status under the EEA Regulations before Brexit that was aavialble only to EEA citizens and their family members).

I believe that the next question in the online form is about the parent's ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sup_2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Question for Child to get registered as British Citizen

Post by Sup_2023 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for asking this I had the exact same question and in a similar situation. So now I know its a NO to that question.

Additionally I have a few more questions
( I just received my ilr, child born in the UK is a dependent on my husbands tier2 visa which is valid till next year)

1. When I register my son , can he still travel on his indian passport and existing bro while the application is In progress

2. After registration, do I need to apply for a britsih passport for my child immediately so he can travel or can he continue to use his Indian passport and current BRP till he gets his new documents.

3. Is the end to end process from registration to passport 6 months?
Need to know when to activate this process accordingly as I am hoping to travel late summer

Thanks
Supriya