ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIA OCTOBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS - Timings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijay2020
Newly Registered

WP- EC timeline applied October-08 in bangalore/chennai VFS

Post by vijay2020 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:47 am

vijaypalrana wrote:Applied Today 24-10-2008 at VFS Bangalore.

Hi,

All the best. I applied for EC on the same week 20th Oct 08 for workpermit from Bangalore VFS. DO you know the timeline for workpermit EC from bangalore in october or n september 08. Thanks.

My workpermit EC timeline

Submitted - 20th october - vfs bangalore

Status - Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission on 20 Oct 2008

Thanks,

Vijay

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 am

hi applied on the same day.
I hope they take 15working days as said. bhc chennai says huge backlog can take 2 to 3months for processing the visa.

you can call them on 044 42192308/310.
you can find out the status of your application from them.

All the best.

Keep updating the forum if you have any news

gaugupta

Tier General Migrant - Pune

Post by gaugupta » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi All,

My Brother Applied on 29/10/2008

Visa - Tier 1 General Migrant

VFS - Pune India

Status - Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 29 Oct 2008

UKDude
Newly Registered

Post by UKDude » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:34 pm

cheekychick85 wrote:hi applied on the same day.
I hope they take 15working days as said. bhc chennai says huge backlog can take 2 to 3months for processing the visa.

All the best.

Hi Cheekychick85,

Can you tell where you got the info that they are taking 2 to 3months for processing. Did they (BHC Chennai) themselves give you this information.
thks in advance...:)

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 am

UKDude wrote:
cheekychick85 wrote:hi applied on the same day.

All the best.

Hi Cheekychick85,

Can you tell where you got the info that they are taking 2 to 3months for processing. Did they (BHC Chennai) themselves give you this information.
thks in advance...:)
Hi There,

I called BHC chennai before i made my application as i have come from london to apply. The lady there told me that they had a backlog and on 15 oct were processing applications for august.

I also called BHC this morning to check what the processing times are now. A guy there told me that its taking 4working weeks after they have received your application. Basicly 2weeks for integra and 2weeks for their process.

I made my applicatiopn on the 20/10/08 at VFS blr but BHC got my application only on 23rd. But luckily my integra is over and now its in a que to be assessed by an ECO.

I hope they actually only take 4working weeks(20days). If so my application will be processed by the 2nd week of november.

I really dont know how long these ques are.

Cheers

UKDude
Newly Registered

Post by UKDude » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

Hope the best for you cheeky..

robink
Newly Registered

Post by robink » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 am

I applied on 3rd Oct and there is no change in status yet.

No idea whether integra is done.

Initially i planned to travel towards Nov end if i get the visa by that time. Now with the latest economic trends i am planning in Jan end.

I see the number of jobs matching my profile reducing nowadays. Hope it would catch up in Jan.
themagger wrote::?
I'm getting nervous here, i applied at VFS Delhi on 8th of october and my file was sent to BHC on the very same day. The status on the website is still the same-forwarded to BHC on 8th Oct. But there has been no verification call or anything :( i am constantly pestering my HR, and she has not received any verification (the HR person whose contact i provided in the Integra form) call as such. :(
can anyone like, share the email or phone number of Integra and BHC (Delhi) with me please :(

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am

robink wrote:I applied on 3rd Oct and there is no change in status yet.

Initially i planned to travel towards Nov end if i get the visa by that time. Now with the latest economic trends i am planning in Jan end.

I see the number of jobs matching my profile reducing nowadays. Hope it would catch up in Jan.
I'm getting nervous here, i applied at VFS Delhi on 8th of october and my file was sent to BHC on the very same day. The status on the website is still the same-forwarded to BHC on 8th Oct. But there has been no verification call or anything :( i am constantly pestering my HR, and she has not received any verification (the HR person whose contact i provided in the Integra form) call as such. :(
can anyone like, share the email or phone number of Integra and BHC (Delhi) with me please :(
Hi,

Did you contact BHC?

What did they say? Dont worry about jobs, Once you have your visa jobs will come to you. I have lived in the UK for 4years now and trust me its not so difficult to get a job if you have a proper visa.

Let me know once you speak to bhc.

Cheers

themagger

Post by themagger » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 am

i spoke to BHC Delhi, a couple of days back, the report from integra hasn't been received as yet :x . plus, the HR person, whose contact i provided in the integra form, has resigned and it was her last day today and she did not receive any call/mail from integra or anyone for verification. Now wat should i DO???

s_saini
India

Integra People

Post by s_saini » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:14 am

HI all,

Integra People are so stupid that they send email to my HR regarding all the information and asking for verification.

I was no where mention the email address of the HR. They called the HR and take her email address and send her email after telephonic verification to verify all the details in written.

How can they ask to HR for Reason of leaving?

themagger

Post by themagger » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey s_saini,

no comments @ integra, their method is a lil harsh :shock:

I remember u applied on Oct-23 at vfs delhi, i applied on 8th oct, and my HR hasn't got any verification mail/call as yet. :(. I'm scared now, dunno wats happening. and wat should i do?
:x :shock: :? :( :evil:

robink
Newly Registered

Post by robink » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks. I have not yet contacted BHC. I will try next week.
cheekychick85 wrote:
robink wrote:I applied on 3rd Oct and there is no change in status yet.

Hi,

Did you contact BHC?

What did they say? Dont worry about jobs, Once you have your visa jobs will come to you. I have lived in the UK for 4years now and trust me its not so difficult to get a job if you have a proper visa.

Let me know once you speak to bhc.

Cheers

vijay2020
Newly Registered

WP Timeline please

Post by vijay2020 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:56 pm

can anyone please give the timeline of workpermit EC from chennai or bangalore vfs or how long it took to get the work permit EC stamped after applying. (aug-oct any workpermit timeline pls)

robink
Newly Registered

Post by robink » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 am

Can anyone please give the BHC mail id for status check? I applied through Bangalore VFS.

vnvijay

Re: October Tier1 aspiring applicant - All Document Checklis

Post by vnvijay » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi,

which citi bank branch bangalore did u get the letter?
was there any issue giving the letter from the Bank?
if you closley observe, the citi bank statement does not show transaction wise balance, its shows daily balance, did mention any thing about this in your covering letter.

VJ
deepakbgl wrote:I've learnt a lot from this forum, so i guess its my time to give back something, answering atleast a small percent of the scores of unanswered questions. At this point in time, i still havent applied though!!

Appt with VFS: Oct9 2008
Center - VFS Bangalore

Doc Checklist
1. Covering Letter: (I have included one main covering letter. Thats all. I sincerely don't believe that the case worker will go through every covering. Include one under the problematic section if you have a peculiar case or an exception)
Format - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 355#200355
2. VAF9 - (Download and filled in PDF)
3. Appendix1- (Download and filled in PDF)
4. DD for 51000 favouring British Deputy High Commission, Payable at par in all branches - obtained this from SCB, Bangalore
5. 2 recent coloured PPs (GK vale)
6. Integra form (i went a few days ahead to the VFS center and got this form). You can fill this up at the time of your apptmt too but this will help you prepare for the required information beforehand. The dude @ the enquiry counter was quite hopeless with info. What i gathered was that you need to provide the exact details of the contact person for a. Maintenance b. Prev earnings - Payroll details of employer c. Qualification - University, registrar - name, phone email id if any etc

Docs:- One set of originals and One set of Xeroxes

1. Age - Passport | Xerox of all blank pages

2. Qualifications -
a. Original Degree Certificate
b. 3 Years Mark Sheets
c. BIA Tool Self Assessment Summary
NB: I did my Master's from ICFAI but since i noticed that a Tier1 was rejected due to the location of the university i removed it from my deck. Showing only my BCOM now

3. Earnings -
a. Last 12 mts Pay slips sealed and signed in co. letter head. I have the HR details (name, phone etc) of the person who signed (Sep 07 - Aug 08)
b. 12 mts Bank Statement with Net Salary Credits (From Citi in running bank stationery - sealed and signed). Period of 1Aug2007-Oct42008. (Just 12 mts is enough but this was just in case). (again have the name of the official, phone number etc.

4. English
a. Original Degree Certificate (my BCOM certificate)
b. BIA Tool Self Assessment Summary showing this degree

5. Maintenance Funds (again one of the below is enough. I attached both just in case, since i was not 100% sure)
a. Last 3 mts Citi Bank Statement sealed and signed
b. Letter from Bank confirming min balance. Letter format attached here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 366#200366

6. Education Certificates from the X grade onwards (original + xerox) - This was confirmed by the same dude at the VFS center (dunno why)

This is it. No excess baggage i hope. Wish me luck though. Hope i ain't overconfi!!!

rakesh.john@hotmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by rakesh.john@hotmail.com » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 am

Hi cheekychick85,

As you suggested, I called BHC, Chennai today(3rd November 2008) and they said that they have received my application from Intra on 31st October 2008 and I might know the status max by this month end.

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Online Status - Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 08 Oct 2008.

Cheers,
Rakesh

robink
Newly Registered

Post by robink » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:34 am

Applied on : 3rd Oct.
Status : Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 03 Oct 2008

Called up BHC today and they said Integra is done and the application is under process. And there is a backlog and will take at least 2 weeks from now.

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:00 am

rakesh.john@hotmail.com wrote:Hi cheekychick85,

As you suggested, I called BHC, Chennai today(3rd November 2008) and they said that they have received my application from Intra on 31st October 2008 and I might know the status max by this month end.

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Online Status - Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 08 Oct 2008.

Cheers,
Rakesh
Hi,

I hope they keep up to their 2weeks time. If thats the case I should get my visa by this weekend. I am also planning to call BHC 2mrw. Will let you know if they say anything different.

Cheers.

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Cheers,
Rakesh

cheekychick85

Post by cheekychick85 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 am

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Cheers,
Rakesh

vnvijay

Re: Integra People

Post by vnvijay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi,

I think ur HR would have asked to send out an e-mail to her!

Did u give only the contact details?

VJ
s_saini wrote:HI all,

Integra People are so stupid that they send email to my HR regarding all the information and asking for verification.

I was no where mention the email address of the HR. They called the HR and take her email address and send her email after telephonic verification to verify all the details in written.

How can they ask to HR for Reason of leaving?

immigrationgb
Newly Registered

Status Check

Post by immigrationgb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:05 pm

All,

I could see some of our friends quoted different status messages on their applicaiton status. I submitted my application on 14th OCt in Bangalore and status still shows

Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 14 Oct 2008

What's the meaning. How can I check my current applicaiton status.

i.e Integra verification completed / Forwarded to BHC for Stamping ?

Is there any mail id where I can verify on correct status.

I sent a mail to chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk but no joy. Status is same as VFS website.

your help is much appreciated.

immigrationgb
Newly Registered

Chennai BHC number

Post by immigrationgb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Rakesh,

Can I have the Chennai BHC Phone number. At what time do I need to call.

Thanks
Bala

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Cheers,
Rakesh

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:17 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... i&start=20

search for one of my (ramgsk) posts, you will have the contact info there.
- Ramgsk

cheekychick85

Re: Chennai BHC number

Post by cheekychick85 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:40 pm

immigrationgb wrote:Hi Rakesh,

Can I have the Chennai BHC Phone number. At what time do I need to call.

Thanks
Bala

I applied on 08/10/2008

VFS - Bangalore, India

Cheers,
Rakesh
Hi Bala,

Call BHC on 044 42192310/42192308.

Pls call them between 8.30 and 11.30am. Best time to get connected is around 8.30am. If it is engaged keep trying. they are very busy and it may take really long to get connected.

Also you can email them on Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk with your application ref, passport number and date you applied .

Cheers.