ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oakers
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Post by oakers » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:54 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:44 pm
oakers wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:14 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Nope. It takes roughly 2 weeks. I reckon this Friday or Monday. I bet yours is processing like mine.
Yep. Hopefully it goes through this week.
oakers,

My e-vetting application was completed this evening (disclosure yet to be viewed by Citizenship Team).Took 10days.

How about you?
Yep, mine days completed too.

Fingers crossed for the beginning of the end.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:41 am

oakers wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:54 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:44 pm
oakers wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:14 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Nope. It takes roughly 2 weeks. I reckon this Friday or Monday. I bet yours is processing like mine.
Yep. Hopefully it goes through this week.
oakers,

My e-vetting application was completed this evening (disclosure yet to be viewed by Citizenship Team).Took 10days.

How about you?
Yep, mine days completed too.

Fingers crossed for the beginning of the end.
Haha, cheers Oakers. My disclosure was viewed this morning and hope yours was too. Fingers crossed and hoping for some news in the next few weeks.

oakers
Ireland

Post by oakers » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:42 am

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:41 am

Haha, cheers Oakers. My disclosure was viewed this morning and hope yours was too. Fingers crossed and hoping for some news in the next few weeks.
Viewed here also!

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:41 pm

So far only 2 updates approval received in this forum? So tired of waiting!

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Post by TropicalTornado » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:05 pm

I have been waiting since March 2020 and now I'm thinking to go for FOI. I didn't bother them in the last 2 years but now that I see people who have applied 6 months after me, are getting their approval, it seems unfair to me. The last update I got from them was my second letter in mid 2020 and the E-vetting that happened a few weeks ago.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:23 pm

TropicalTornado wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:05 pm
I have been waiting since March 2020 and now I'm thinking to go for FOI. I didn't bother them in the last 2 years but now that I see people who have applied 6 months after me, are getting their approval, it seems unfair to me. The last update I got from them was my second letter in mid 2020 and the E-vetting that happened a few weeks ago.
I feel you, yeh the order of processing applications are inconsistent and indeed bonkers.

At least e-vetting seems to be a positive sign that someone is reviewing our applications.

Hope you get yours soon

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:07 pm

TropicalTornado wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:05 pm
I think applications between March and June or maybe July are treated the same in terms of application time, as the first lockdown started in March and the department was pretty much on idle for a few months trying to figure out how to continue working/processing applications while employees work from home.

Have you thought of sending them a JR letter through a solicitor? I'm definitely taking this route if I don't hear anything by June which marks 2 years since I applied.

Hope we all get some good news soon!

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Post by TropicalTornado » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:36 pm

Cheers raja.brit & siseñor.

I didn't even bother them with sending an email to see the progress of my application. In all their letters they usually say: "please contact us if it is absolutely necessary...". Now I'm thinking to go for FOI and in one month or two, ask a solicitor to send a warning letter.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:07 am

It's been quiet again!

I had so much hope to receive something last week/this week......So disappointed.

coolgirl
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by coolgirl » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 am

coolgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 am
I dont know if this is helpful. Applied citizenship in July 2020. Acknowledgement letter a month later with passport as well as reciept. Silence till now. Applied for FOI, November, was told id get it in December. I didnt. They give me a new deadline and on that exact day, I recieved the documents. Application as well as all the correspondence was not included in the FOI release because of Section 15. They said it would be expected that we already had a copy of this.However, It was noted in the email recieved with the FOI, the exact number of pages of the application as well as the time span. They just dont bother rereleasing the info to applicants because of the huge amt of work. So I could tell we had not missed any correspondence because time span was between July and August of 2020. Nothing since then. Garda Vetting had been completed since Feb 2021 but the last time it seemed anyone from their office looked at application was December 2020. At this time, the application was marked as awaiting processing in my INIS list of applications document. Thats all they had on file. Applying as a Stamp 3 NON EU.
Good news. Got the declaration of fidelity form this morning dates 14th Feb! Hopefully get the cert soon.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:56 am

coolgirl wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 am
coolgirl wrote:
I dont know if this is helpful. Applied citizenship in July 2020. Acknowledgement letter a month later with passport as well as reciept. Silence till now. Applied for FOI, November, was told id get it in December. I didnt. They give me a new deadline and on that exact day, I recieved the documents. Application as well as all the correspondence was not included in the FOI release because of Section 15. They said it would be expected that we already had a copy of this.However, It was noted in the email recieved with the FOI, the exact number of pages of the application as well as the time span. They just dont bother rereleasing the info to applicants because of the huge amt of work. So I could tell we had not missed any correspondence because time span was between July and August of 2020. Nothing since then. Garda Vetting had been completed since Feb 2021 but the last time it seemed anyone from their office looked at application was December 2020. At this time, the application was marked as awaiting processing in my INIS list of applications document. Thats all they had on file. Applying as a Stamp 3 NON EU.
Good news. Got the declaration of fidelity form this morning dates 14th Feb! Hopefully get the cert soon.

Congrats!

I applied same time as you and still waiting. Did you do anything to push for a decision? Thanks.

ZA2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ZA2020 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm

NF13 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:56 am
coolgirl wrote:
coolgirl wrote:

Congrats!

I applied same time as you and still waiting. Did you do anything to push for a decision? Thanks.
I am on the same boat,still waiting i think they deal with applicant on the basis of their country of origin.

chou2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chou2020 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:41 pm

ZA2020 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm
NF13 wrote:
coolgirl wrote:
coolgirl wrote:

Congrats!

I am on the same boat,still waiting i think they deal with applicant on the basis of their country of origin.
Do you mean in terms of EU or Non-EU? There are around 10 people from my country here...if they deal with us seperately this entire process should be done in 2 weeks not 2 years :roll: :lol:

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:48 pm

Applied Feb 2020 and recently paid the final fee. It was quite the wait, but I'm happy for the privilege to apply, knowing it would be unlikely to be denied. My advice is, try to stray from envy. At one point, my mind slipped a little and thought "This person applied AFTER me and got it sooner :evil: " but then I decided to shake it off. It's a good thing theirs was processed quick, and I knew my time would come.

It took 5 months from the vetting for the final fee to be paid. Some people suggested I do FOI, but I didn't want to pressure the already hectic citizenship department. With the citizenship department halting things in 2019 while that one court case was being processed, the increase of applications due to Brexit, covid19, and more, I decided to just wait.

ZA2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ZA2020 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:15 pm

chou2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:41 pm
ZA2020 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm
NF13 wrote:
coolgirl wrote:
coolgirl wrote:

Congrats!

Do you mean in terms of EU or Non-EU? There are around 10 people from my country here...if they deal with us seperately this entire process should be done in 2 weeks not 2 years :roll: :lol:
I dd not say eu or non eu,minister says in some cases they have to get information from external and internal agencies thats why those cases take too long than others.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Are they not doing bulk approval?

Anyone else received approvals - please can you kindly let us know. Thanks.

Waiting2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Waiting2021 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi
I first apply July 2020 and January 2021 received letter asking for more info about social I have ever received and passport affidavit
And today on 17 feb 2022 received enrol
Telling me to wait .no hope again in this year
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that general queries are
currently being dealt with in chronological order. Due to the restrictions
imposed by the Covid-19 Pandemic and the attendant requirement to comply
with public health guidelines, significant delays are being experienced in
general processing, particularly those functions which require a staff
presence in the office. We are working very hard to maintain as prompt a
service delivery as possible, under the circumstances.

Unfortunately we are unable to give you a timeline as to when a decision
will be reached on your application but I can assure you the matter will be
dealt with as soon as circumstances allow.

As you can appreciate, the primary responsibility of this office has to be
the welfare of the general public and the health and safety of staff
members. Your continued patience in this matter is appreciated.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 11
This is what I got after 17 months .

skumarireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by skumarireland » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm

Hi All,

I've applied on 16/09/2020 & not received evetting request as-well, anyone on the same situation ?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:50 pm

skumarireland wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm
Hi All,

I've applied on 16/09/2020 & not received evetting request as-well, anyone on the same situation ?
Its worth reading the Citizenship 2020 application timeline thread and apparently people have just recently obtained approval without evetting.

So Citizenship team may or may not request evetting in your case. Its not a big deal if they do last minute as evetting process takes about 3 weeks max.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:22 pm

It is weird that we have a few approvals and then it stopped. Are we getting bulk approval really soon? Previous year we received quite a lot of approvals in Feb if not mistaken.

Seen many 2020 applicants getting EVetting but that does not mean anything because many of us who have been vetted over 6 months ago are still waiting for a decision.

Cannot find news anywhere. INIS has been so quiet. Anyone have info please do share. Thanks.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:36 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:50 pm
skumarireland wrote:
Hi All,

Its worth reading the Citizenship 2020 application timeline thread and apparently people have just recently obtained approval without evetting.

So Citizenship team may or may not request evetting in your case. Its not a big deal if they do last minute as evetting process takes about 3 weeks max.
regarding the e-vetting, what page(s) is that on (in the 2020 timeline)?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:36 pm
raja.brit wrote:
skumarireland wrote:
Hi All,

regarding the e-vetting, what page(s) is that on (in the 2020 timeline)?

Last page if your have the date preference sorted in ascending order:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 95667.html

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Does anyone who applied in July 2020 receive approval at all?

Approval seems random. Seeing people getting approval for August to Nov 2020 application.

Wondering what happened to the ones who applied between March 2020 -July 2020.

Dublin2022
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Dublin2022 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:27 pm

I applied in June/2020 and got approval+paid 950+sent affidavit then got the cert of naturalization in December/2021(3 years as spouse of Irish Citizen and I'm non EU)i think my case quiet straightforward

skumarireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by skumarireland » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:26 pm

raja.brit wrote:
skumarireland wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks raja.brit , looks few application they have approved without evetting