ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:53 pm

It is Withdrawal agreement beneficiary card that you must choose.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:55 pm

A question for those who receive letters from Minister confirming grant of Permanent Residence.

Were you asked to go with your family member to the immigration office. This is for people outside Dublin.

Did the letter demand that you be accompanied by your EU family or not?

AAP1977
Ireland

Post by AAP1977 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi Obie,

My letter instructed me to go with my wife to receive the PR card.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:09 pm

I complained about it, I asked them for the legal justification for requiring that at time of Permanent Residence, they said this is not their practice and not the law. It clearly is not the law, i am rather surprised they are still doing it.

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:53 pm
It is Withdrawal agreement beneficiary card that you must choose.

Thanks Obie I was going to choose the stamp4 EU fam but thanks for the reply

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:38 pm

Just out of Interest, are those receiving Permanent Residence documents receiving cards that simply says stamp 4, or does their card state it is Permanent Residence documents.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:51 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:38 pm
Just out of Interest, are those receiving Permanent Residence documents receiving cards that simply says stamp 4, or does their card state it is Permanent Residence documents.
Neither. Its ‘Article 50 TEU’

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:57 pm

I guess you have seen it.
How can it be differenciated between residence documents if they both have standard words.

I also asked the department why they require family members to accompany EU national to station, an official at the EU treaty rights simply said, it is out of our remit, it is open to individuals to raise it with Garda.

I find that response ridiculous, as it is the minister giving these instructions, now they are saying it has nothing to do with the minister.

Has the government resumed stamping passports again, as they appeared to have stopped.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:15 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:08 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm
Applied in Jan 2021
still nothing till today's day 28/Jan/2022
temporary permission till end of May 2022.
it is 1 year anniversary now :D , i was surprised that some people got their permission just under 10months :o even though they sent their application after me.
I remember we applied beginning of last year and we got approval last November after I demanded a decision.

That is an unusual wait considering a lot of people got approval and some within a month.

I would say email them demanding for a decision n if nothing works, you may contact a lawyer to send a threatening letter.

I know people who have gone through a lawyer have gotten approval.

All the best!
how demand the decision,just emailing them or if through solicitor how much was it cost?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:15 pm
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021
it is 1 year anniversary now :D , i was surprised that some people got their permission just under 10months :o even though they sent their application after me.
I remember we applied beginning of last year and we got approval last November after I demanded a decision.

That is an unusual wait considering a lot of people got approval and some within a month.

I would say email them demanding for a decision n if nothing works, you may contact a lawyer to send a threatening letter.

All the best!
how demand the decision,just emailing them or if through solicitor how much was it cost?
Just email them first. If it doesn’t pan out, you can take legal route. Not sure what the cost is as I didn’t need to use one.

Good luck!

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:56 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm
tugii20 wrote:
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021

All the best!
Just email them first. If it doesn’t pan out, you can take legal route. Not sure what the cost is as I didn’t need to use one.

Good luck!

Hi mate, what does TEU means? And is the permanent residence card they give valid for 10 years or until the passport expiry date?

Thanks

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:18 pm

immerso wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:33 am
Hi Guys,

I got My Card and realized that its only valid until September 2021. I have dropped them an email its been 2 weeks now no reply.

I think we have to Apply for Stamp 4 i spoke to a solicitor they dont have any idea regarding this matter but according to the letter I have to Apply for stamp 4 this is what he suggested but on the same time I asked him that it should be free of cost and stamp 4 is not free you have to pay fee.

do anyone have any update

Regards

i think my wife is on the same situation as you..
uk spouse with Stamp 4 EUFAM then article 50 TEU stamp, we received a EU3 approve for a stamp4 for 10 years.

we can't book any appointment since we are in dublin and we have been registered before... so we went onto the inisonline to renew . the option we chosen was STAMP 4 renew.

2 days later we have an email to say the renew is approved and new card should arrive in 10 to 15 days.

as the card arrive.. the stamp still say Article 50 TEU and the date is about 1 year from now.. passport doesn't expire until 2028.

so send email to them.. nothing.. call them,, not their department etc..

not being ask to pay any fees yet..

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:22 pm

ttowners wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:18 pm
immerso wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got My Card and realized that its only valid until September 2021. I have dropped them an email its been 2 weeks now no reply.

I think we have to Apply for Stamp 4 i spoke to a solicitor they dont have any idea regarding this matter but according to the letter I have to Apply for stamp 4 this is what he suggested but on the same time I asked him that it should be free of cost and stamp 4 is not free you have to pay fee.

Regards

uk spouse with Stamp 4 EUFAM then article 50 TEU stamp, we received a EU3 approve for a stamp4 for 10 years.

we can't book any appointment since we are in dublin and we have been registered before... so we went onto the inisonline to renew . the option we chosen was STAMP 4 renew.

2 days later we have an email to say the renew is approved and new card should arrive in 10 to 15 days.

as the card arrive.. the stamp still say Article 50 TEU and the date is about 1 year from now.. passport doesn't expire until 2028.

Did you apply online one month before your current stamp4 expires because you can't apply online until you have one month left on your current stamp 4 card

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:32 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:51 pm
Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:38 pm
Neither. Its ‘Article 50 TEU’
Hi Raja,

may i ask, have you got your new card ? did they give you the years which you are suppose to get? let say 10 years?(until the passport expire) or just 1 year?

you have used the inis online system to renew and chosen "Article 50 TEU" right ?

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:37 pm

This appears to be a Dublin problem, as Raja does not appear to be a Dublin resident, I am not sure he may be able to assist you.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:41 pm

Dolphin55 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:22 pm
ttowners wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:18 pm
immerso wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards

Did you apply online one month before your current stamp4 expires because you can't apply online until you have one month left on your current stamp 4 card
since it wasn't clear on how to get an appointment to get the new stamp.. tried to call them and they know nothing about it.. so we've tried many things... remember they how they ask us to renew our article 50 TEU card?. its that.

but at the end the date is still wrong.. so its not the best way.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:37 pm
This appears to be a Dublin problem, as Raja does not appear to be a Dublin resident, I am not sure he may be able to assist you.
oh no... my fd in cork he have his approval 2 days ago.. and he's able to get in contact with the garda and immo department there and on a waiting list for an appointment.. but here in dublin.. we are just in the dark..

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:53 pm

ttowners wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 pm
Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:37 pm
oh no... my fd in cork he have his approval 2 days ago.. and he's able to get in contact with the garda and immo department there and on a waiting list for an appointment.. but here in dublin.. we are just in the dark..
Mate, I am asking you when you applied online for the registration for your permanent residence card, how long you had left for your current permission to expire as you can only apply online, when you have just one month left your your current stamp to expire thats why I am asking you how long you had left for your current stamp to expire?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:57 pm

In Cork there is a serious problem with appointment, but Meath and Cavan, they are pretty quick.

The appointment is a different matter from the wrong date on card, which is a problem associated with Dublin applicant.

The validity of the card is consistent with passport validity, but for kids, this is not the case.

All the kids i applied for article 50 received a card with full validity, despite the validity of their passport.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:00 pm

The fact a person has a temporary stamp 4, does not prevent them from getting a visa consistent with the validity of their passport.

I remember applying for a close relative of mine who was a month in her 6 month temporary stamp 4, when the minister approved her residence card application.

She received the 5 full years the next week.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:01 pm

Dolphin55 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:56 pm
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021

All the best!

Good luck!

Hi mate, what does TEU means? And is the permanent residence card they give valid for 10 years or until the passport expiry date?

Thanks
Treaty on European Union

Yes 10 years validity.

I was advised by Garda Station (outside Dublin) that we need to have the passport stamped again at the station once we renew the passport.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:02 pm

damn.. am i better off renting an address/ room etc.. in Meath or Cavan.. just to do the documents.. may be at least for the period of getting the stamp... :cry:

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:02 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:01 pm
Dolphin55 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:56 pm
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
raja.brit wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021

All the best!

Good luck!

Thanks
Treaty on European Union

Yes 10 years validity.

I was advised by Garda Station (outside Dublin) that we need to have the passport stamped again at the station once we renew the passport.
thanks ... dublin's delay is horrible...

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:03 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:57 pm
In Cork there is a serious problem with appointment, but Meath and Cavan, they are pretty quick.

The appointment is a different matter from the wrong date on card, which is a problem associated with Dublin applicant.

The validity of the card is consistent with passport validity, but for kids, this is not the case.

All the kids i applied for article 50 received a card with full validity, despite the validity of their passport.
yes, its terrible wait for appointment in Cork. We had to wait 55days to get an appointment.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:14 pm

You are not the only one experiencing problems with Cork. I know 3 people with same problem, when complaint was made, they were told it was unnecessary, as the minister has extended visas till may, really cant understand this care free approach.

People on ten years, should just consider citizenship.
Only problem is not everyone has the Residence documents the minister requires.