ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIAN PCC for Irish Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sober_Adam
Newly Registered
India

INDIAN PCC for Irish Naturalisation

Post by Sober_Adam » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Hi
The Dept of Justice for Irish naturalization is looking for the Police clearance certificate from Indian police authorities only and the one issued by the Embassy of India is not acceptable.
Did anyone face similar issue ?
Much appreciated if any suggestion/guidance in this regarding.
Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: INDIAN PCC for Irish Naturalisation

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:25 pm

Sober_Adam wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm
Hi
The Dept of Justice for Irish naturalization is looking for the Police clearance certificate from Indian police authorities only and the one issued by the Embassy of India is not acceptable.
Did anyone face similar issue ?
Much appreciated if any suggestion/guidance in this regarding.
Thanks
This doesn’t makes sense as I know of several Indian Friends who got approval and they applied for PCC via Indian Embassy Dublin.

As you may know, when one applies for PCC via Indian Embassy Dublin, the request goes to Indian authorities and verification/checks are done by local police authorities in your region. So PCC issuance by the Indian embassy is subject to actions that local Indian authorities take.

Not sure what the fandango is but am not certain if there is any other way one can get PCC outside of Embassy Service. You may need to explain the process to the Citizenship case worker.

Hope it helps.

Sober_Adam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sober_Adam » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Thanks for the quick response.
I explained the detail procedure and even shared the response from Indian embassy but still they are not convinced and asking for the cert from Indian police only.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Sober_Adam wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 pm
Thanks for the quick response.
I explained the detail procedure and even shared the response from Indian embassy but still they are not convinced and asking for the cert from Indian police only.
How frustrating.

I wonder if Indian Embassy can provide a copy of the verification report performed by Indian police authorities or if not there is any an option for you to obtain a copy directly from the local police station in India.

I hope it gets sorted. All the best!

Mark Dsouza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mark Dsouza » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Hi there,
Have you had any luck sorting this out with the Irish authorities? I ask because I'm facing exactly the same problem, though this time, with the Italian authorities. Any advice would be much appreciated.

LovinDublin
Newly Registered
India

Post by LovinDublin » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:14 pm

Did this eventually get resolved? Did they finally accept the PCC from the embassy? Also at what stage in the application was this requested?

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:27 pm

I have a question. Is this PCC required for all Indian citizen applicants? My husband (currently Indian passport holder and citizen) applied for citizenship (naturalization) in sept 2021. He moved to Ireland in 2004. Will he also need one, since he spent half his life in Ireland?

urtheman
Newly Registered
India

Post by urtheman » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to check if this was resolved finally and your application was accepted ? Thanks