ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

learning difficulties and life in Uk test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allain

learning difficulties and life in Uk test

Post by allain » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 pm

hey guys,
I am writing this on behalf of my friend and cannot take Life in UK test, she tried two times and failed to understand even the computers there.

She already hold settled status and want to apply for British passport, is there a way to jump life in Uk test and B2 English language test.

i tried to find this, but this has not been asked earlier anywhere.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: learning difficulties and life in Uk test

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 am

Naturalisation first, before passport.

There's no easy way to skip the tests ....
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:44 am

allain wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 pm
hey guys,
I am writing this on behalf of my friend and cannot take Life in UK test, she tried two times and failed to understand even the computers there.

She already hold settled status and want to apply for British passport, is there a way to jump life in Uk test and B2 English language test.

You will not need to take the Life in the UK test if you: Are under 18 years of age or over 65; or. Are suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes; or. Have a mental impairment which means that you are unable to learn another language.

allain

Post by allain » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:21 pm

prs wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:44 am
allain wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 pm
hey guys,

You will not need to take the Life in the UK test if you: Are under 18 years of age or over 65; or. Are suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes; or. Have a mental impairment which means that you are unable to learn another language.
thanks for reply,
how can she prove mental impairment in this case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:32 pm

She needs documented medical evidence of her disability.

Note that a waiver is not always granted
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.