ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP stuck with DVLA from 2 weeks

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohan666
Newly Registered
India

BRP stuck with DVLA from 2 weeks

Post by rohan666 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi Experts,
Sorry not sure if i have posted my question here correctly and in right thread.
Please someone guide me correctly and provide me some options to travel.
- I applied for my UK full license on 2nd feb and it's more than 2 weeks now and I haven't received my license and BRP back from them. When I spoke to one of the executives from DVLA to cancel my application, they refused to cancel my application and refused to send my BRP back.
- I have a flight on 23rd Feb to travel to my home country and I really need my BRP to travel.
- Now, I request you to please help me in understanding if DVLA won't return my BRP back in time then how can I travel from the UK and back into the UK.?
- I see there is an option to show an employer's letter to right to work in the UK and wanted to check if that letter can be an alternative to BRP at immigration desk.?

I am writing this with very high hope and please respond back as soon as possible.

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: BRP stuck with DVLA from 2 weeks

Post by lolo2 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:00 pm

rohan666 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm

- I see there is an option to show an employer's letter to right to work in the UK and wanted to check if that letter can be an alternative to BRP at immigration desk.?
This option has certain conditions, which seem don't apply to you. See: Employee immigration status

The immigration officer will see that you don't have any pending action with the Home Office, so you should have your BRP.

I would suggest postponing your trip until you receive the document.

Timings can be longer than indicated on the DVLA website, this has been the norm in the last two years. Usually official websites warn applicants to take that into account when submitting an application.

When I applied for my full driving licence, it took more than two weeks to get my documents back... that was before the pandemic!

rohan666
Newly Registered
India

Post by rohan666 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:16 pm

Thank you for replying back. This is something i never wanted to listen but what can we do.
Do you see any other options or speaking to someone which might help me in travelling to my home country.?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:14 pm

One option: travel to your home country, report it lost, apply for a replacement BRP visa https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged, come back to UK and apply for BRP replacement.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

rohan666
Newly Registered
India

Post by rohan666 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:51 am

Hi ywlgy
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying :
- Travel to my home country without BRP card (as during exit no one will ask me about my BRP)
- When i reach my home country (again my home country will not stop me) then there i should report it as lost or stolen.
- And then when leaving my country and reaching the UK, at the immigration desk at both places can i show the home office application where i have reported it as lost/stolen.?

Thanks in advance..!!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:56 pm

rohan666 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:51 am
Hi ywlgy
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying :
- Travel to my home country without BRP card (as during exit no one will ask me about my BRP)
- When i reach my home country (again my home country will not stop me) then there i should report it as lost or stolen.
- And then when leaving my country and reaching the UK, at the immigration desk at both places can i show the home office application where i have reported it as lost/stolen.?

Thanks in advance..!!
My above post is clear. You need to apply for the replacement BRP visa from your home country and use it to return!
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.