ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependant renewal and child - need separate application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london2378
Newly Registered
Canada

Skilled worker dependant renewal and child - need separate application?

Post by london2378 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:56 am

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this question.

I recently submitted my skilled worker dependant renewal application. My wife recently got ILR and I've renewed on that basis.
We also have a young child, born in the UK. He was not included on my partner's ILR application but I have listed him on my dependant renewal application. The form didn't ask many questions, just asked if there were any children I was "applying with". I've put his name, birthdate and passport number on the application. He already had a visa but it was about to expire soon. We are going to apply for citizenship but need to travel in the near future.
I was only charged the NHS fee for myself for 3 years.

My question is, does this application cover my child, or do I need to make a separate application for him? I have checked the guidance and haven't been able to find anything. The wording in the form is ambiguous- it says "Are any of [wife's name] children applying with you?".

Thanks for your help. If you know the answer please could you tell me where to find it in the guidance?

thanks again

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker dependant renewal and child - need separate application?

Post by ywlgy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:22 pm

That question is only to link your applications together.

If you have just paid application fee and IHS for 1 person, it means your child was not included and you need to make a separate one for the child.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

london2378
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by london2378 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:15 am

Ok, thanks.
If I end up not doing the child's (wait for citizenship application instead), that shouldn't stop my application from being processed, will it?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:54 pm

london2378 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:15 am
Ok, thanks.
If I end up not doing the child's (wait for citizenship application instead), that shouldn't stop my application from being processed, will it?
No.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:00 pm

But you need to apply for the child's extension if you intend to travel together

london2378
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by london2378 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:29 pm

yes, understood. Thanks.