ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application and Travelling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application and Travelling

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi,

My wife received her BRP today after a successful ILR application. I am a British Citizen so I believe she can apply for naturalisation now. I have two questions:

1) We are planning to travel next month so can she travel after we have applied for naturalisation (say this month), and re-enter UK whilst her application is pending?

2) Can she re-enter UK using her BRP if her application is approved.

3) Is there a super priority service for naturalisation?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application and Travelling

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:28 pm

1. Yes

2. Yes. She is only British once she attends her ceremony.

3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:32 pm

ILRApplication01 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:22 pm
Hi,

My wife received her BRP today after a successful ILR application. I am a British Citizen so I believe she can apply for naturalisation now. I have two questions:

1) We are planning to travel next month so can she travel after we have applied for naturalisation (say this month), and re-enter UK whilst her application is pending? Yes - but recommend you have the biometrics appointment before you travel, just to make sure.

2) Can she re-enter UK using her BRP if her application is approved. Yes - the approval doesn't confer British citizenship, she'll only be BC once attended the ceremony where the certificate is issued.

3) Is there a super priority service for naturalisation? No - naturalisation is not a visa/immigration application - it has it's own law amd specific requirements - UKVI target is to process applications within six months - some are faster than that some slower.

Thanks
beaten by CR001.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm

Thank you both for your replies.

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:40 pm

Hi again,

I am filling out application form and have some quick questions:

1) I am filling Form (AN) online, is this the correct one?

2) First referree: Software Engineer (British), second referree: Associate Professor (non British), are these professions OK to meet referrees requirement?

3) Are you currently employed? Is this enquiring about the applicant or applicant's partner? I think it is the former but wanted to double check. The applicant is a Home Maker and not working.

4) I support my wife so do I need to upload my payslips/bank statements etc? I assume there is no financial requirement to meet but wanted to double check.

5) Regarding proof of staying in the UK for the last 3 years, is my wife's passport (all pages) sufficient or do we need to submit list of correspondences for last 3 years, i.e. same documents that we submitted for ILR?

6) The form doesn't ask anywhere if application is under '3 years route married British Citizen' so do we need to specify that is the case or case worker can infer from the information supplied.

Thank you for helping out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:03 pm

1. Yes.

2. Should be fine yes.

3. The questions are relevant to the applicant. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

4. No!

5. Passport only.

6. No, UKVI know the rules and two different routes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRApplication01
United Kingdom

Post by ILRApplication01 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Thank you @CR001.

Final question, I promise!

I have printed out the declaration form for both referrees. The declaration asks to write date of birth and full name on the back of the photograph and glue it to the declaration form. After I have done above and referees have signed the declaration, do I need to upload these declaration (photo glued so back of the photo will not be displayed to case worker)?

OR

Do I need to upload front and back of the applicant photo separately as well as declaration form (photo glued)?

The confusion is due to writing the information on the back of the photo. Writing information on the back makes sense if I was posting application, but in this case we are applying online and uploading documents.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Yes, upload with all the supporting documents.

UKVI could at any point ask for the originals of any documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)