ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PRPRAVEEN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Maternity break

Post by PRPRAVEEN » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Hi

My spouse is the main applicant for Tier 2 and she is currently on maternity leave from 01st April 2021. As per stat.mat. pay policy she is entitled to receive SMP up to 39 weeks but can take maternity break for 1 year.
Does she need to be on company payroll for last 3 months (last 13 weeks of maternity break) in order to succeed the ILR application in future? If her employer doesn't pay for last 3 months, how this will impact the ILR in future?

For ILR application which is due in Aug'22, does she need to provide the proof for maternity break?

Thanks

PRPRAVEEN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 1 year maternity break treatment

Post by PRPRAVEEN » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi

How does the 12 months maternity break is treated towards ILR for a Tier2 applicant? The applicant is in UK during this period and on SMP for 39 weeks. Does she need to be on payroll for last 13 weeks so that Tier 2 min. threshold is met before she applies for ILR?

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 1 year maternity break treatment

Post by ywlgy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:14 pm

DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 1 year maternity break treatment

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:38 pm

PRPRAVEEN wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:55 pm
Hi

How does the 12 months maternity break is treated towards ILR for a Tier2 applicant? The applicant is in UK during this period and on SMP for 39 weeks. Does she need to be on payroll for last 13 weeks so that Tier 2 min. threshold is met before she applies for ILR?

Thanks
Tier 2 is now replaced by the skilled worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PRPRAVEEN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR query

Post by PRPRAVEEN » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Hello,

My ILR is due in coming weeks and please can someone help me on below queries;

1. The date of leave on my vignette is 28.08.2017 and I travelled to the UK on 18.09.2017. What date I should consider (with 28 days in advance) to apply for the ILR - 28th August or 18th Sept?

2. Should I show the gap between 28th Aug'17 and 18th Sept'17 as allowable allowance on application? Should I get a confirmation on this gap too from my employer?

3. As part of my initial entry application, I provided the UK NARIC certificate for my qualification and was taught in English. I can see now that ECCTIS has to certify the qualification - so should I apply for ECCTIS now or old NARIC, dated 1st week of Aug'17 is sufficient?

4. Do I need to provide any proofs of stay in the UK for past 5 years - as I am being asked for only previous month pay slip and not address proofs.

TA

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR query

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:03 pm

1. Date of visa issue
2. Yes it is allowable. A generic letter is enough
3. Old NARIC is enough
4. No such evidence is needed. Passport stamps in the last 5 years is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PRPRAVEEN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PRPRAVEEN » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Thanks Zimba for clarifying.

I have one more query on the document check list -

Evidence of Mr XXX's immigration status in the UK - what document should I provide for this? I could see that BRP is requested as separate document in check list.

TA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:43 pm

It's the brp card
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PRPRAVEEN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PRPRAVEEN » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:14 pm

Thank you all for your expert guidance. My ILR application is successful now.