ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Secondment during IRL Process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssbib
United Kingdom

Secondment during IRL Process

Post by ssbib » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi everyone.

My wife is going for ILR later this year. At present I am in full time employment earning a decent wage.

However I’m not happy in my current job and a secondment opportunity has come my way within my organisation. It’s an area I want to explore as I think I’ll be happier there and there’s a good chance I’ll be kept on at the end of the 12 months.

Would taking the secondment effect the ILR process? I can’t imagine it would as I am still employed by the same organisation, can provide my contract, HR letter and payslips etc. I’d just ensure the HR letter mentions the current secondment.

Does anyone have any experience or offer advice? Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Secondment during IRL Process

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:37 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:21 pm
Hi everyone.

My wife is going for ILR later this year. At present I am in full time employment earning a decent wage.

However I’m not happy in my current job and a secondment opportunity has come my way within my organisation. It’s an area I want to explore as I think I’ll be happier there and there’s a good chance I’ll be kept on at the end of the 12 months.

Would taking the secondment effect the ILR process? I can’t imagine it would as I am still employed by the same organisation, can provide my contract, HR letter and payslips etc. I’d just ensure the HR letter mentions the current secondment.

It should not if still same employer, income not impacted( if to be used by wife), not ta

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:37 pm
ssbib wrote:
Hi everyone.

It should not if still same employer, income not impacted( if to be used by wife), not ta
Thanks for the reply. I might lose my car allowance, which would reduce my wage by 1000 per year, but I’d still be well over the requirements for ILR. I’d just make sure to provide 12 months payslips instead of 6 to account for the change.

Can I ask you to clarify what you meant by if to be used by wife), not ta. Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:37 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:00 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Hi everyone.

Thanks for the reply. I might lose my car allowance, which would reduce my wage by 1000 per year, but I’d still be well over the requirements for ILR. I’d just make sure to provide 12 months payslips instead of 6 to account for the change.

Can I ask you to clarify what you meant by if to be used by wife), not ta. Thank you.
Meant if your income and hence payslips + bank statements is what your wife is using to meet financial requirements.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:37 pm
ssbib wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Hi everyone.

Meant if your income and hence payslips + bank statements is what your wife is using to meet financial requirements.
Ah I see. Yes, that is what we will be using. I often forget there are other options for the financial requirements.

I’m glad that the secondment shouldn’t effect things. I didn’t think it would, but best to check. Let’s hope I can go for the secondment. It would be a nice change for me. Thanks again for the advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:46 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:40 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:37 pm
ssbib wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Hi everyone.

Ah I see. Yes, that is what we will be using. I often forget there are other options for the financial requirements.

I’m glad that the secondment shouldn’t effect things. I didn’t think it would, but best to check. Let’s hope I can go for the secondment. It would be a nice change for me. Thanks again for the advice.
Should you have other questions do ask them here.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:55 pm

I’m sure I will do in due time, thanks. For now though I’m ok. Thanks again for your help.