ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa - Agriculture income

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Family visitor visa - Agriculture income

Post by Jasminedutta » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:02 am

I am willing to sponsor my sister-in-law to visit us in the UK. Her income comes from Agriculture land in India and she doesn't do any regular 5-9 jobs.
  • for a Family visitor visa, what should be her employment status? will it be 'SELF Employed' or 'Unemployed' ?
The very reason for asking this question is sometimes income transactions do happen via bank transfer and most of the time it will be cash transactions. Confusion around here is, what should I mention the 'Actual Income'.

I am thinking to show only Bank transactions as actual yearly income, even though it's a very little part of her actual income?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family visitor visa - Agriculture income

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:45 pm

You cannot sponsor anyone to come to the UK as a visitor. Such a concept does not exist. If your sister-in-law is unemployed then she is unemployed. You can receive income without being employed. It is her responsibility to provide as much evidence to convince a visa officer that she intends to come here as a visitor and return home before visa expiry. You simply can help her provide more evidence that she has a place to stay and she may not face financial difficulties in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice