ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settled Staus

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kianii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settled Staus

Post by Kianii » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:45 pm

I applied for EUSS last scheme last year, 2022 in June and I have been issued with Pre Settled Staus expiring in 2027. I came to UK in early 2016 and my 5 year biometric which I sent to them expired last week. Should not I be getting Settled status? Please advise

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU Settled Staus

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:30 am

Kianii wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:45 pm
I applied for EUSS last scheme last year, 2022 in June
You mean 2021, I suppose.
and I have been issued with Pre Settled Staus expiring in 2027.
I am also assuming that although you applied in 2021, you were issued status only this year, in 2022, for five years?
I came to UK in early 2016 and my 5 year biometric which I sent to them expired last week. Should not I be getting Settled status?
That depends. Did you come in 2016 as the family member of a EU citizen, or did you come on your own through a visa category outside of the EU/EEA route? (e.g. as a Student Tier 4, Skilled Worker Tier 1, etc.). This is important, as only time spend officially as the family member of a EU national counts towards the 5 years of Settled Status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Kianii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kianii » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:54 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:30 am
Kianii wrote:
I am also assuming that although you applied in 2021, you were issued status only this year, in 2022, for five years?
I came to UK in early 2016 and my 5 year biometric which I sent to them expired last week. Should not I be getting Settled status?
That depends. Did you come in 2016 as the family member of a EU citizen, or did you come on your own through a visa category outside of the EU/EEA route? (e.g. as a Student Tier 4, Skilled Worker Tier 1, etc.). This is important, as only time spend officially as the family member of a EU national counts towards the 5 years of Settled Status.
I came as family member of EU/British Citizen back in 2016 from Denmark. We used surinder singh route. I had 5 year residence card which expired 13 February 2022. I applied for Euss last year 2022 June. EUSS Team wrote to me 11 February 2022 that I have granted settled status. My 5 year EU residence Card(which I sent to EUSS Team last year as well) expired 13 February. I have been granted pre settled status expiring in 2027. I thought that I will get settled status.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:07 pm

Kianii wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:54 pm
I came as family member of EU/British Citizen back in 2016 from Denmark. We used surinder singh route. I had 5 year residence card which expired 13 February 2022.
Which date did you enter the UK?
I applied for Euss last year 2022 June.
You keep writing "2022 June", which makes no sense. Do you mean June 22, 2021?
EUSS Team wrote to me 11 February 2022 that I have granted settled status.
What do you mean by "EUSS team wrote to me 11 February 2022"? Did you receive an official outcome letter saying you have Settled Status (like the example below)?
I have been granted pre settled status expiring in 2027.
What makes you say this? Did you receive another letter after the one on February 11th?

You have whatever status is indicated in the official outcome letter that comes in an email with subject "Your EU Settlement Application (UAN:16-digit-reference-number)". Inside that email there is an attached pdf file entitled "Status Outcome date.pdf". That letter is the official notification of your status. It starts like this:

For Settled Status:
I am pleased to inform you that your application under the EU Settlement Scheme has been successful and that you have been granted Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom under paragraph EU2 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules . This is also referred to as settled status.
For Pre-Settled Status:
Based on the information available to the Home Office, you do not meet the eligibility requirements for settled status under the Scheme but I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted Limited Leave in the United Kingdom for five years under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as pre-settled status.
So, which one is it?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Kianii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kianii » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:54 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:07 pm
Kianii wrote:
I came as family member of EU/British Citizen back in 2016 from Denmark. We used surinder singh route. I had 5 year residence card which expired 13 February 2022.
Which date did you enter the UK?

21 January 2016
I applied for Euss last year 2022 June.
You keep writing "2022 June", which makes no sense. Do you mean June 22, 2021?

Sorry my error it is June 2921
EUSS Team wrote to me 11 February 2022 that I have granted settled status.
What do you mean by "EUSS team wrote to me 11 February 2022"? Did you receive an official outcome letter saying you have Settled Status (like the example below)?

It is official outcome posted to me dated 11 February
I have been granted pre settled status expiring in 2027.
What makes you say this? Did you receive another letter after the one on February 11th?

You have whatever status is indicated in the official outcome letter that comes in an email with subject "Your EU Settlement Application (UAN:16-digit-reference-number)". Inside that email there is an attached pdf file entitled "Status Outcome date.pdf". That letter is the official notification of your status. It starts like this:

For Settled Status:
I am pleased to inform you that your application under the EU Settlement Scheme has been successful and that you have been granted Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom under paragraph EU2 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules . This is also referred to as settled status.
For Pre-Settled Status:
Based on the information available to the Home Office, you do not meet the eligibility requirements for settled status under the Scheme but I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted Limited Leave in the United Kingdom for five years under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as pre-settled status.
So, which one is it?
It is letter which posted to me as mine was paper application.
It says I am pleased to inform your application under EU Settlement has been successful and you have granted limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom under Paragraph EU3 of Appendix EU to the immigration rules. This is also referred to as pre settled staus

Kianii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kianii » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:10 pm

I came to UK on EU family in January 2016 which was valid for 6 months and I applied for EU residence Extension in June 2017 and I received a EU residence Crad in February 2017 expiring in February 2022. I applied last year in June 2021 to change to EU Settlement Scheme scheme based on that 5 EU year residence card. I got official outcome(came to post) stating I am granted pre settled status.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:32 pm

The decision is clearly wrong and you ought to challenge it, on the basis that it is not in accordance with the law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:41 pm

Kianii wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:10 pm
I came to UK on EU family in January 2016 which was valid for 6 months and I applied for EU residence Extension in June 2017 and I received a EU residence Crad in February 2017 expiring in February 2022. I applied last year in June 2021 to change to EU Settlement Scheme scheme based on that 5 EU year residence card. I got official outcome(came to post) stating I am granted pre settled status.
The letter has to say why you didn't get Settled Status. What does it say?

There is a section entitled "Reasons why you were granted pre-settled status and not settled status". Starts with a very general opening of the likes of "You do not qualify for settled status because the information available to us does not show that you have completed the required continuous qualifying period in the UK for the purposes of the scheme... blah, blah" but the last few paragraphs are specific to your case and should explain why you got pre settled status.
Last edited by kamoe on Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:42 pm

That letter should have also come with an appeal right aswell. Did it?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Kianii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kianii » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:09 pm

Kianii wrote:
kamoe wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:30 am
Kianii wrote:
I came as family member of EU/British Citizen back in 2016 from Denmark. We used surinder singh route. I had 5 year residence card which expired 13 February 2022. I applied for Euss last year 2022 June. EUSS Team wrote to me 11 February 2022 that I have granted settled status. My 5 year EU residence Card(which I sent to EUSS Team last year as well) expired 13 February. I have been granted pre settled status expiring in 2027. I thought that I will get settled status.
There is a section called your status in the letter which says the following
Pre Settled Staus is granted to the people who have been in the country for less than continuous five years. This aligns with the EU law whereby someone usually receives permanent residence status after 5 years of continuous residence. Your pre settled status will expire on 12 February 2027. You can apply for settled status before that date as soon as you qualify for it. This status has been granted to you in accordance with the EU exit separation agreements. For EU Citizens and those applying as family members of EU Citizens or of UK citizens This is withdrawal agreement.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:55 pm

Kianii wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:09 pm
There is a section called your status in the letter which says the following
Pre Settled Staus is granted to the people who have been in the country for less than continuous five years. This aligns with the EU law whereby someone usually receives permanent residence status after 5 years of continuous residence. Your pre settled status will expire on 12 February 2027. You can apply for settled status before that date as soon as you qualify for it. This status has been granted to you in accordance with the EU exit separation agreements. For EU Citizens and those applying as family members of EU Citizens or of UK citizens This is withdrawal agreement.
this doesn't seem to explain to you personally what you did not get Settled Status. Are you 100% sure there is nowhere in your outcome letter, a section entitled "Reasons why you were granted pre-settled status and not settled status"??? At all??

If not, please do request this information, you deserve to know the reasons of the outcome. You need to know if you might have missed some piece of evidence (in which case is better to reapply afresh with all required documents), or if they just made a mistake (in which case the course of action is to request an administrative review).

Address your question by filling the form here: https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... r-question
Tick the option "The result you have received", and fill the subsequent forms with the details of your application (ref number, etc).

They usually reply within 48 hours.