ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying when outside of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TarunS1783
Newly Registered
India

Applying when outside of UK

Post by TarunS1783 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:24 pm

Hi,

I have completed my naturalisation application online, however have had to go on a work trip abroad for 3 weeks. Can I submit my application while abroad or do I need to be in the UK to submit my application?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying when outside of UK

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:45 pm

Shouldn't be an issue - you are returning to the UK and not going to reside abroad.
Not aware of any provision saying you must hit the submit button whilst in the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Re: Applying when outside of UK

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 pm

TarunS1783 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:24 pm
do I need to be in the UK to submit my application?
Yes.

You are expected to submit a naturalisation application from within the UK.

And you are expected to attend the citizenship ceremony within the UK.

And applying for your first British passport from abroad may trigger a review of whether you were not entirely truthful about the future intentions requirement.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.