ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India to UK spouse Visa - Disabled and Widowed UK Sponsor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b1234567
Pakistan

India to UK spouse Visa - Disabled and Widowed UK Sponsor

Post by b1234567 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope your 2022 has gotten off to a good start.

I have some questions regarding a UK spouse visa application, in specific, the UK resident is on disability allowance, calling his wife from India.

So a bit of context:
UK Sponsor [The husband] came here as an asylum seeker 10+ years ago. Asylum granted and his wife and 5 children joined him here shortly after.

5 year ago his wife passed away. He is the single parent of 5 British children and also has British citizenship himself now.

He gets remarried in January 2022 to an Indian women. Marriage took place in Sri Lanka due to India COVID restrictions and also some complications with him being granted an Indian visa due to his Pakistani heritage.

Can anyone advise on a tailored document checklist to this situation, either by replying below, or linking me to another thread with a similar situation?

Is there anything important that requires extra consideration?

Thank you :)

b1234567
Pakistan

Spouse Visa Checklist Disabled and Widowed Sponsor

Post by b1234567 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:49 am

As no-one responded, I came up with my own list of documents from my research…can someone have a look at these and let me know if there’s anything I’m missing, taking into account the context mentioned in my previous post. I also have some questions listed below my checklist.

Documents for Applicant
- Visa Application Form
- Proposed flight itinerary
- A1 English language certificate
- Predeparture TB test
- Previous marriage divorce certificate
- Original Passport
- Birth certificate
- Indian ID Card
- Sri Lankan Visa Approval letter

Documents to be from Sponsor
- sponsor passport copy
- Sponsor birth certificate
- Appendix 2 VAF4A
- Previous spouse marriage certificate
- Previous spouse death certificate
- New (current) marriage certificate
- Evidence of flight/hall/hotel costs in Sri Lanka for wedding
- Photographs of wedding ceremony(s)
- Evidence of contact via WhatsApp [call logs and conversation screenshots]
- Sponsorship undertaking form
- Letter from DWP detailing benefits received as sponsor is disabled
- At least one bank statement to correlate with DWP letter showing benefits entering the account
- Properly inspection report
- Passport copies of 5x children from previous marriage
- Council tax bill as proof of address

1. Applicant has children from her previous marriage which ended in divorce. Children are over 18 and will remain in India, does this need to be declared?
2. Applicants first husband, also passed away a few years after the divorce…must this be mentioned or is it not relevant?

I’d really appreciate any advice.
Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: India to UK spouse Visa - Disabled and Widowed UK Sponsor

Post by TODMATT » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:56 am

b1234567 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:49 am
As no-one responded, I came up with my own list of documents from my research…can someone have a look at these and let me know if there’s anything I’m missing, taking into account the context mentioned in my previous post. I also have some questions listed below my checklist.

Documents for Applicant
- Visa Application Form
- Proposed flight itinerary You are not suppose to book anything until application has been approved.
- A1 English language certificate
- Predeparture TB test
- Previous marriage divorce certificate
- Original Passport
- Birth certificate
- Indian ID Card NOT REQUIRED
- Sri Lankan Visa Approval letter

Documents to be from Sponsor
- sponsor passport copy
- Sponsor birth certificate NOT REQUIRED
- Appendix 2 VAF4A
- Previous spouse marriage certificate
- Previous spouse death certificate
- New (current) marriage certificate
- Evidence of flight/hall/hotel costs in Sri Lanka for wedding
- Photographs of wedding ceremony(s)
- Evidence of contact via WhatsApp [call logs and conversation screenshots]
- Sponsorship undertaking form NOT REQUIRED.
- Letter from DWP detailing benefits received as sponsor is disabled
- At least one bank statement to correlate with DWP letter showing benefits entering the account
- Properly inspection report does the sponsor live with parent or renting on their own ?
- Passport copies of 5x children from previous marriage NOT REQUIRED
- Council tax bill as proof of address

1. Applicant has children from her previous marriage which ended in divorce. Children are over 18 and will remain in India, does this need to be declared?
2. Applicants first husband, also passed away a few years after the divorce…must this be mentioned or is it not relevant?

I’d really appreciate any advice.
Thanks
1. No
2. Yes because applicant was previous married and now divorced so must provide divorce certificate.

I can't see evidence of adequate accommodation such as Tenancy agreement or proof of ownership if ?owned
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:10 am

Dear TODMATT,

Thank you for your reply.

In regards to the Property Inspection Report, the sponsor lives in a council property with his 5 children. This property is not owned by the Sponsor. This property is completely funded through benefits so there isn’t actually an accommodation expense.

Regarding question 2, apologies for not being clear. I’m aware that the divorce certificate must be included, but because the ex-husband died…shortly after the divorce, must that be mentioned or is that irrelevant given the relationship was over at that point?

On your last point, adequate accommodation proof will be supported by property inspection where it will detail whether the property is suitable for the number of occupants according to the overcrowding regulations.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:08 pm

b1234567 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:10 am
Dear TODMATT,

Thank you for your reply.

In regards to the Property Inspection Report, the sponsor lives in a council property with his 5 children. This property is not owned by the Sponsor. This property is completely funded through benefits so there isn’t actually an accommodation expense.

Regarding question 2, apologies for not being clear. I’m aware that the divorce certificate must be included, but because the ex-husband died…shortly after the divorce, must that be mentioned or is that irrelevant given the relationship was over at that point? If the divorce took place after your ex death, you should provide your divorce certificate and assuming your ex died during your divorce proceedings, you can just provide a death certificate.

On your last point, adequate accommodation proof will be supported by property inspection where it will detail whether the property is suitable for the number of occupants according to the overcrowding regulations.

Thanks

Please note that inspection report are not mandatory but you need to ensure you provide tenancy agreement and you can use inspection report to strengthen your accommodation requirement including letter of no objection from the landlord.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.