ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ManInMexico
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application Questions

Post by ManInMexico » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi all

I need assistance on a few things before my wife submits her ILR application.

1. She’s on the 5-year route and her latest FLR(M) expires on 27/03/2022. The first FLR(M) was granted on 25/01/2017. I think that means we are safe to apply any time now. Can someone confirm please?

2. One of the questions asks about any absences of more than 2 weeks since arriving to live in the UK. She originally arrived on a Student VISA in October 2012, do they need it from then, or is it from the beginning of the 5 years (January 2017), or since the last visa was granted (August 2019)?

3. She has passed the ‘Life in the UK’ test, I understand the reference number is just added to the form, no need for a certificate?

4. I have compiled the below documents to scan and attach to the application. I don’t recall providing a tenancy agreement and proof of Council Tax previously, is this required? Our Landlady typically sends emails confirming rent increases etc, will that be enough?

Does the spacing of the correspondence look ok? I see throughout the forum people say previous 2 years, but the checklist says 2.5 years, which is it?

Mandatory Documents
• Applicant – Current Passport
• Applicant – Previous Passport
• Applicant – BRP
• Sponsor - Passport
• Relationship Declaration

Sponsor Employment & Salary (I meet £18,600 requirements)
• Letter from employer
• Payslips showing last 6 months payments (Sep 21 to Feb 22)
• Bank statements to match payslips (Sep 21 to Jan 22)
• Stamped print out from bank to show Feb 22 payment

English Language
• PhD Certificate granted by University of Bristol

Correspondence
• March 2020 – Joint – Council Tax Bill
• July 2020 – Joint – Bank Statement
• November 2020 – Joint – Bank Statement
• March 2021 – Joint – Council Tax Bill
• July 2021 – Joint – Bank Statement
• November 2021 – Joint – Water Bill
• February 2022 – Joint – Bank Statement

Accommodation
• Email from Landlord stating monthly housing costs
• Most recent Council Tax bill (almost a year old now though)

Kind regards, and thanks in advance!
Mike

tangocharlieroger
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application Questions

Post by tangocharlieroger » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 am

I might not be able to answer all the questions, but will certainly try to contribute to your queries.
1. Safe to apply.
2. From Jan 2017
3. Only reference number can be copied and pasted in application form (Make sure differences between 0 & O, Capital i & Small L etc are taken care of, so its recommended to copy and paste the reference from the email (or the account where that result is stored), (Just check her emails when she booked the appointment for Life in UK).
4. On safe side, you should get tenancy agreement (plus house report). Sufficient space. (I am not sure if house report is required for ILR on Set (M), but during the days of my wife's FLR(M) and application to allow entry, that was required. So if i am at your place, i will be going for that on safe side.
5. 2 years is fine (although they say 2.5 years while ure submitting application). However 6 proofs are required, each one of them some months apart (if in joint names, only 6...if not in joint name 1 document each in individual's name will make it as 1 proof of cohabitation)...and all of them can be several months apart.

Hope this helps.
Regards

ManInMexico
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ManInMexico » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Thankyou!

Can anyone help provide some clarity on questions 4 and 5 please?

I can get a tenancy agreement if required, but have never heard of the 'sufficient space' thing. Didn't provide anything for that in either FLRM or extension.

How do the rest of the documents look, in particular cohabitation wise. Worried about the spacing and also the fact they're almost all bank statements, albeit with Council and Water bills thrown in.

Thanks again in advance.

ManInMexico
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ManInMexico » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 pm

Hi

Hoping some can advise on another query I have.

I submitted our application which will rely on my salary. I advised a salary of £31,750 on the application, however I realised when scanning my payslips that 5 were paid at this level, and 1 was paid at £31,000.

Will this be an issue? I've been paid above £18,600 for many years, but I was not paid at the level stated in the application for the full 6 months.

Thanks in advance.

ManInMexico
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ManInMexico » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Just to add another quick question in the hope of an answer...

Seems only a partner declaration form is required? Doesn't the applicant have consent forms to sign for ILR SET(M) applications?