ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pumblechook
Newly Registered
European Union

Proving ILR.

Post by Pumblechook » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Hello.

I have had ILR since 2000. It is endorsed in an old passport. I Never had a single issue working in the UK ever. I left my previous job of 3 years in Dec 21 and got an offer in early feb 22 for a start in early March and I have Accepted.

Sent all my stuff in and theY say that the ILR letter, 2 passports ( one with ILR endorsement ), P45 and proof of address utility bill is not enough. That I require a BRP. I never knew what this is. My employers are nice and they have said they will shift my start date if need be.

I have applied for the NTL BRP ( IT TAKES SIX MONTHS ). I paid fee but there are no appointments to do biometrics (BAD START) I got an auto-reply saying that I can’t get any appointments till they (UKVACS) contacts me again.. they are considering that I should use the App!

I have done as much research as I can.
I have sent my employers a link to ECS and given in my unique application number.

MY QUESTIONS

1. I understand that there is a online checking service that employers can use. Is there also a number they can call? Can I direct them to this number. How can I prove my right to work without BRP ?
2 . Can I trust the ECS to come back positive ? BECAUSE 6 MONTHS WAIT IS BARBARIC

3. What if ECS is negative. Do I have recourse to anything else?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Proving ILR.

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Pumblechook wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:19 pm
Hello.

I have had ILR since 2000. It is endorsed in an old passport. I Never had a single issue working in the UK ever. I left my previous job of 3 years in Dec 21 and got an offer in early feb 22 for a start in early March and I have Accepted.

Sent all my stuff in and theY say that the ILR letter, 2 passports ( one with ILR endorsement ), P45 and proof of address utility bill is not enough. That I require a BRP. I never knew what this is. My employers are nice and they have said they will shift my start date if need be.

I have applied for the NTL BRP ( IT TAKES SIX MONTHS ). I paid fee but there are no appointments to do biometrics (BAD START) I got an auto-reply saying that I can’t get any appointments till they (UKVACS) contacts me again.. they are considering that I should use the App!

I have sent my employers a link to ECS and given in my unique application number.

MY QUESTIONS

1. I understand that there is a online checking service that employers can use. Is there also a number they can call? Can I direct them to this number. How can I prove my right to work without BRP ?
2 . Can I trust the ECS to come back positive ? BECAUSE 6 MONTHS WAIT IS BARBARIC you can check for yourself using
https://www.gov.uk › prove-right-to...
Prove your right to work to an employer - GOV.UK

Pumblechook
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Pumblechook » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 pm
Pumblechook wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:19 pm
Hello.

MY QUESTIONS

2 . Can I trust the ECS to come back positive ? BECAUSE 6 MONTHS WAIT IS BARBARIC you can check for yourself using
https://www.gov.uk › prove-right-to...
Prove your right to work to an employer - GOV.UK

Are you saying that I can check with the home office on line whether I have an ILR ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:43 pm

DO NOT start a new post as you already have one regarding this issue: general-uk-immigration-forum/ntl-applic ... l#p2056871
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice