ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw dependent ILR application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakings22
Newly Registered

Withdraw dependent ILR application

Post by chakings22 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for naturalization and going to give my biometrics on Thursday. I also applied for ILR for my wife and two kids. They also have an appointment to give their biometrics on Thursday. I just found that I don't have to apply for ILR for my kids as they have visa till Sep 2023.(PBS dependent Tier2). Because I can apply for their naturalization once I get my passport. I paid my hard-earned £4698 for the kids' application.

In my dependents' application, my wife is the main applicant. Can I cancel my kids' application and get a refund? Please help me.

CV

chakings22
Newly Registered

Re: Withdraw dependent ILR application

Post by chakings22 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Any help on this, please?

ashiqi506
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashiqi506 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Please do not quote me on this, but I cancelled my visa application, you can cancel the application provided you have not done biometrics, and get a full refund. As far as applications concerned I would suggest you probably write it in on a cover letter or as a reason for cancellation, Also because they are separate applications I don’t see why it would affect your wife’s application. I’m no expert so please do not hold me to the information.

My daughter was born abroad but because her mother is British she was able to pay for citizenship/naturalisation to get her British passport to travel to the UK and now she’s trying to call me over on a spouse visa which we are still waiting for.

ashiqi506
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashiqi506 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:27 pm

British citizenship can only be passed on to one generation I only found that out after our daughter was born and my wife was passed the citizenship from her father so when she gave birth her daughter abroad ahe wasn’t automatically British but could be registered for naturalisation which was a £1000, If she was born in UK I suppose things would’ve been a bit different