ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Time Passport Application Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

First Time Passport Application Questions

Post by _pikachu » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Hello,

I took a look at the Irish online passport application website. It says I'll need to submit originals(didn't specify what will need to be submitted) and something signed by the gardai. I tried going further with the application, but it's asking for me to upload a passport photo first.

My questions are

1. Which original documents did you have to submit?

2. My naturalisation certificate is expected to arrive within the next two weeks. Can I begin the application process now/start gathering whatever documents they need or is there a time period in which the documents must be submitted before the application is void?

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: First Time Passport Application Questions

Post by jgclancy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:35 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:48 pm
Hello,

I took a look at the Irish online passport application website. It says I'll need to submit originals(didn't specify what will need to be submitted) and something signed by the gardai. I tried going further with the application, but it's asking for me to upload a passport photo first.

My questions are

2. My naturalisation certificate is expected to arrive within the next two weeks. Can I begin the application process now/start gathering whatever documents they need or is there a time period in which the documents must be submitted before the application is void?
There is a thread for this all ready. You should use that thread.

I waited two months between applying/paying online & sending in documents. The original documents I had to send were my US birth certificate , FBR certificate but I only sent a notarized copy of my passport. No problems.

I assume you'll have to send in your Naturalization Certificate (make copies before you do!)

When you apply online make sure you can print out the applications. They will have all required documents listed.

Good Luck jgclancy

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:06 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:35 pm
_pikachu wrote:
Hello,

My questions are

I waited two months between applying/paying online & sending in documents. The original documents I had to send were my US birth certificate , FBR certificate but I only sent a notarized copy of my passport. No problems.

I assume you'll have to send in your Naturalization Certificate (make copies before you do!)

When you apply online make sure you can print out the applications. They will have all required documents listed.

Good Luck jgclancy

Thank you for the tip. :-)
What's the thread called? I see one where people are putting their time frames in, but none about in particular has to be submitted/if I can begin the process while I wait for the approved naturalisation certificate to arrive.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:01 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:06 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:35 pm
_pikachu wrote:
Hello,

My questions are

Good Luck jgclancy

Thank you for the tip. :-)
What's the thread called? I see one where people are putting their time frames in, but none about in particular has to be submitted/if I can begin the process while I wait for the approved naturalisation certificate to arrive.
You'll use: First Time Passport Application Timelines - 2022 but the one for 2021 has more Q & A stuff to read.

As I said in first reply ---You can fill out the application, upload photo & pay fee now while you wait for the naturalization document to arrive. When you apply you will print out the application which has a document checklist plus a page for your witness to sign. Get that done while you wait as well.
Good luck
jgclancy