ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sulemankhan0938
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Citizenship Application refused

Post by Sulemankhan0938 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:29 pm

Hi all,
I came to the UK in 2004 on student visa, I extended my student visa until 2008 and in 2009 I applied for IGS through Cambridge college of Learning, I got accepted for IGS but refused extension in 2009, I appealed the refusal and applied for certificate of approval for marriage and I was allowed to get married, but I didn't go with my visa appeal and withdraw the case. I then got married in May 2010 my wife is a British citizen, then in 2012 I applied for FLR O in Old rules, which was refused HO said that we can both settle in Pakistan but my wife had no connection with Pakistan, We did the appeal and it was granted in August 2014 I received my visa in November 2014 on Human Rights basis. The Home office first sent me a BRP card for 2.5 years to be extended my FLRO for 10 years, but my solicitor objected and requested them to take a look at the court decision and also check our application date as the application was submitted before the new rules of 10 years DLR came in force. So the home office agreed and granted me 3 years DLR I then extended it in 2017 for another 3 years, I then applied of ILR and my application was accepted in 2021 Feb, now I have two kids both British and also my wife is a British citizen, I applied for Naturalization in October 2021, Feb 15 I received an email from the HO the we have refused your Naturalization application because I over stayed in the UK from 2009 to 2014 when I didn't have visa so don't consider you to be of a good character. And also you have not demonstrated that you have been in the UK legally for 10 years. I can ask for a review again, or make a fresh application but make sure you have lived legally in the UK for 10 years the days you make another application for Naturalization.
Please help me as I have never had any other criminal history, never had had issues. What should I do, should I wait until 2024 or ask for a review or what else can I do,?

vinny

Re: British Citizenship Application refused

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:40 pm

Sulemankhan0938 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:29 pm
What should I do, should I wait until 2024 or ask for a review or what else can I do,?
Wait until 2024.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sulemankhan0938
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sulemankhan0938 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:47 am

Will the HO not reconsider, taking my family and private life in consideration? I have been working full time, paying taxes, and also doing my HGV truck licence to help in shortage of drivers.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Sulemankhan0938 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:47 am
Will the HO not reconsider, taking my family and private life in consideration?
Not for British citizenship.

Keep in mind that as an applicant for British citizenship, you already have ILR, which means that you can reside in and work in the UK indefinitely.

Denying you British citizenship does not impede your residence within the UK in the slightest because of your ILR status. You already have almost the same rights to reside in the UK as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sulemankhan0938
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sulemankhan0938 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:14 pm

Ok 👌 thank you

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:24 pm

Sulemankhan0938 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:47 am
Will the HO not reconsider, taking my family and private life in consideration? I have been working full time, paying taxes, and also doing my HGV truck licence to help in shortage of drivers.
Paying taxes or being a person of very good character even doesn't count helpful to the grant of nationality & on the other hand if someone fulfils immigration requirements but has a bad character ,doesn't pay taxes ,cheats benefit system ,is highly likely to get an approval .It is not a person,s character the HO looks at but meeting of the requirements .Intelligent lawyers call this system broken,ridiculous & unfit for purpose .