ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Asha1234
Newly Registered
India

Emergency

Post by Asha1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:08 am

have an urgent case which need your expert advice.

We got ILR along with family (spouse and son). Given daughter was born in UK; we applied for citizenship / British naturalisation certificate directly - and received the same on 1st week of Feb.

On 23rd Jan; my dad passed away and the entire family had to make an unplanned/emergency travel to India.

Now daughter can’t travel back to UK because – her earlier dependent visa has expired and she doesn’t have UK passport yet. My husband applied for Fast track passport today morning – and went to submit all the documents to Passport Office. However, given daughter is not in London/UK currently (but stuck in India) – application was not accepted.

In this situation, what all options we have for her to travel back to UK asap.

Considering she has the British naturalisation certificate which got approved (on 24th Jan – and received the certificate in 1st week of Feb) in less than 3 months, can she travel to UK carrying her Indian passport and British naturalisation certificate? Please note, she doesn’t have a valid dependant BRP for UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Emergency

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 am

She needs a valid visa/BRP or RoA to get on a plane. Her certificate is not a travel document or visa and airlines won't accept it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Asha1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Asha1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:15 am

Can she apply for visa?? She is already a citizen- can we do that.

Can you please explain how to apply for right to abode

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:25 am

No, she cannot apply for a visa.

Link below for RoA

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Asha1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Asha1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:32 am

Any idea how long will the process take??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:35 am

It can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)