ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Citizenship for Child(Under 18) born Outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kUMARI16

Applying for British Citizenship for Child(Under 18) born Outside UK

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:29 am

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question regarding my child British citizenship application and sorry it might be a repeated question in this forum but I haven't been in this forum for a while and I am not up to date with the current rules. So I just want to make sure before I proceed with the application.

My child(Under 18) born OUTSIDE UK when I was not on my ILR and now I am a British Citizen from 2018 onwards and my child has been on ILR since last year(January 2021) so now my child is eligible to apply for British Citizenship(Been on ILR for 12 months).

So could someone point me how to apply in the correct route? and I am thinking it is not through MN1 application route?

Also can we apply only for my child without applying for my wife(Who is also on ILR from last year Jan 2021).

Many thanks in advance.

kUMARI16

Re: Applying for British Citizenship for Child(Under 18) born Outside UK

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:30 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:29 am
Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question regarding my child British citizenship application and sorry it might be a repeated question in this forum but I haven't been in this forum for a while and I am not up to date with the current rules. So I just want to make sure before I proceed with the application.

My child(Under 18) born in year 2016 OUTSIDE UK when I was not on my ILR and now I am a British Citizen from 2018 onwards and my child has been on ILR since last year(January 2021) so now my child is eligible to apply for British Citizenship(Been on ILR for 12 months).

So could someone point me how to apply in the correct route? and I am thinking it is not through MN1 application route?

Also can we apply only for my child without applying for my wife(Who is also on ILR from last year Jan 2021).

Many thanks in advance.
I have seen the below link saying we need to apply through the MN1 to register child under 18 years. Is that still valid?
british-citizenship/apply-for-british-c ... 24016.html

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:28 pm

MN1 is correct.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi @alterhase58,

Thank you for confirming.

So, we have to register my child under MN1 under category 'Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary'. Is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:02 pm

So, we have to register my child under MN1 under category 'Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary'. Is that correct?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Hi @CR001,

Hope you are doing well.

OK, Thank you for re-confirming. Much appreciated!!

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 am

Hi,

Quick question, As part of registering my child (6 years), as part of application under Documents section I came across the following option. Could someone suggest me what evidence we can show apart from child birth certificate which includes both the parent names. Thanks
"Proof of 'mother's name' parental responsibility for Miss 'child name'."