ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about utility bill for Irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noncena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Worried about utility bill for Irish citizenship

Post by noncena » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:00 pm

Hello

I am planning to apply for Irish citizenship but my utility bills are only available for half the time. That’s the only proof of residence I have including the rental agreement.

I thought I might be able to meet the requirement of 150 points through college attendance record. But apparently not. My previous housemate had the bills under her name. It was all paper based bills on her name so don’t have any copies of that. I have the bank statements with the electricity bill payment entry for each month. But would that count for anything?

Cheers

meself2
Ireland

Re: Worried about utility bill for Irish citizenship

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:37 am

Do you have any other bills with your name and address? Broadband/bin/etc?
Seems like Citizenship is fine if bills are not just from the categories they have on the scoreboard.

To be honest, I doubt you can make any use of it - they want something with your name and address, as it means you specifically were living there and so on. But if other members have opposite opinions - even better.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 am

get copy of the bill form previous housemate?
along with something to proof that you were in the same address(perhaps college letters), and something written and sign by the bill owner to say you were living with him/her..

since the rule is new, + not much been written + no case example, we can only hope INIS will consider. the only way is to get as much proof as possible, its up to them to say they would accept it or not.

suppose the payment proof figure would match the figure on the bill.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:09 pm

The payment from your bank account is not enough - you could be paying off anything, at any given residential, or even commercial address. You need to get hold of the bills. Is there a way, via email preferably, to get the okay from your housemate whose name the bills were in, for you to personally contact the utility company in order to get the bills through. Then your chance is to write an affidavit to explain the situation - but you will have the bill in hand, showing the exact amount that has come from your bank account. You can also write an email to the company, or your housemate, cc'ing you with your contact number to sort the above out.