ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vincristine
Newly Registered
Philippines

British Citizenship application

Post by vincristine » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:46 am

Hi! I have been granted with ILR last year but unfortunately for some reason inadvertently lost my BRP card whilst traveling. I have since been given a replacement. The date of issue with the new card however is different from the original one. Can I still apply for BC from the original date that I have received my ILR? Please please I need an answer from someone who had the same experience.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: British Citizenship application

Post by manci » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:59 am

The date of issue on your replacement BRP card is the date when they actually decided to issue it and this date has no bearing on the date when you were granted ILR.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

vincristine
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vincristine » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:26 pm

Oh! Thanks for clarifying! You’re a gem.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi,
I lost my BRC in December then was found and sent to me but it was too late I had already cancelled it by contacting home office. How long did it take you get a replacement BRC. I am due to apply for citizenship next month just wondering to apply or not

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:14 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:16 pm
Hi,
I lost my BRC in December then was found and sent to me but it was too late I had already cancelled it by contacting home office. How long did it take you get a replacement BRC. I am due to apply for citizenship next month just wondering to apply or not
If you have a dated letter (or email?) advising you that ILR was granted that would be accepyable. Include the old card as well?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.