ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HGHGHG
Newly Registered
Pakistan

PBS Dependent Extension

Post by HGHGHG » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

Just wanted to check with you all that I have applied for my wife's visa extension yesterday using the link below:

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk

At the end of the application (after paying for IHS and Visa Application fee), I noticed that we didn't have to go for a biometric appointment which seems odd to me.

Could anyone confirm that if this is indeed a normal thing that someone else may have experienced as well?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent Extension

Post by ywlgy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:09 pm

It's normal now. You will just need to scan documents using your mobile phone.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

HGHGHG
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HGHGHG » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:08 am

Hmmm, that sounds a bit odd. Could anyone else confirm as well?

I am currently on ILR (got it via Tier 2 route) and when I applied for my wife’s extension no biometric appointment sounds odd whereas, when a friend of mine recently renewed his Tier 2 visa along with the dependents they had to get biometric done.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:37 pm

If you have read the application form carefully, you would notice at the beginning it asked "Check you can use the app". If you selected "Continue", it would proceed to the new approach without needing appointment. If you selected "I cannot use the app", it would proceed to the traditional approach.

Also see https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
Proving their identity
As part of their application, your partner and children will need to prove their identity. They’ll either:

have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point - this is to get a biometric residence permit

use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan their identity document - they’ll also create or sign in to their UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account

They’ll be told what they need to do when they apply.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

HGHGHG
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HGHGHG » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:45 pm

This is something which I definitely missed. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.