ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra Steria Advice (UKVCAS)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ben1989
United States of America

Cover Letter for Citizenship Application

Post by Ben1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Hi all,

We're ready to hit the payment button for citizenship application. However, we need to add a cover letter explaining a slight difference in her BRP and passport. There hasn't been any area where we can add this explanation. There was a small section for any other details for the application but it was only 250 characters and just merely not long enough to explain.

We thought a cover letter would be best but does anybody know if you're able to add this after application made? It lists clear documents needed so we're worried we may not be able to add this once we apply?

TIA

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Cover Letter for Citizenship Application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:10 pm

After your submission/payment you load the mandatory documents as well as your cover letter and anything else you wish.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:17 pm

You can upload the cover letter with your docs through UKVCAS.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:37 pm

Great. Thanks everyone. Wasn't sure if there would be options for other documents as with ILR etc

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:33 am

Ben1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:37 pm
Great. Thanks everyone. Wasn't sure if there would be options for other documents as with ILR etc
thats exactly what you get in UKVCAS website.

Ben1989
United States of America

Passport Stamps to Prove Residency

Post by Ben1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:55 pm

Hi all,

My wife is applying for citizenship and naturally her passport will be used to prove her residency length. However, some stamps are missing as USA (for example) do not stamp.

Also, there is actually a stamping error. We flew to Rome in 2019 and we went March 15th to March 19th but they stamped departure as April 19th. What should she do here? Obviously, we don't want to be seen as deceiving the Home Office as the extra length doesn't affect the duration requirements but we but travel down as a different date (the correct date).

TIA

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Error posting the above. Please delete if possible

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Stamps to Prove Residency

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:34 pm

Your topics were merged. Please keep ALL questions on the same application in one single topic, this one.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:04 pm

Hi Char,

Sorry I thought i was posting a new topic (which I did and has gone) but was accidentally posting on a previous topic

Ben1989
United States of America

Sopra Steria Advice (UKVCAS)

Post by Ben1989 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:30 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process of submitting documents. I have some questions I'd appreciate urgent help on.

1) It says to upload in B&W. Is this okay? Is it okay to submit in color? Seems wrong to be in B&W.
2) When scanning things such as passport does this mean scanning each page or bio page?
3) The application is for a spouse of a British citizen. On the upload page it says mandatory documents are 'proof of application' which then expands to say the passport. Why is this the only mandatory document? Things such as BRP, spouse passport etc are also required?

Ben1989
United States of America

Re: Sopra Steria Advice (UKVCAS)

Post by Ben1989 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Why are my topics merging into this when creating new ones???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:34 pm
Your topics were merged. Please keep ALL questions on the same application in one single topic, this one.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Please click on the link for the forum rule about multiple topics!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Thank you but I have a large variety of questions which could get saturated. But rules are rules, I guess.

My questions have a little bit of urgency

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:58 am

Ben1989 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:30 pm
Hi all,

I'm in the process of submitting documents. I have some questions I'd appreciate urgent help on.

1) It says to upload in B&W. Is this okay? Is it okay to submit in color? Seems wrong to be in B&W.
Colour and b&w are both fine. The reason they suggest b&w is to help keep the file size under the limit for long documents.
2) When scanning things such as passport does this mean scanning each page or bio page?
All pages. They want to see the stamps.
3) The application is for a spouse of a British citizen. On the upload page it says mandatory documents are 'proof of application' which then expands to say the passport. Why is this the only mandatory document? Things such as BRP, spouse passport etc are also required?
UKVCAS does not accurately reflect which documents are required. Follow the checklist that was provided after you applied and upload all documents (e.g. BRP) in categories that seem reasonable.
"Strong and stable government in the national interest" -Theresa May, Home Secretary (2010-2016)

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Thank you!

Also, which dates do the referee forms need to be dated? Before the application date or can they be afterwards? There is also a form needed for consent for checks by the home office. Again when should this be signed?

Regarding my incorrect stamps, I figure this should be mentioned on the cover letter?

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 pm

Ben1989 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:27 pm
Thank you!

Also, which dates do the referee forms need to be dated? Before the application date or can they be afterwards?
Referee form can be dated after your application date or up to a month before your application date. (One month because the photo is not supposed to be more than a month old.)

There is also a form needed for consent for checks by the home office. Again when should this be signed?
Any time on or after the application date is fine. It's probably okay to date it within a reasonable time before your application date as well, but I'm not certain.

Regarding my incorrect stamps, I figure this should be mentioned on the cover letter?
Yes, mention this and perhaps attach the flight booking or boarding pass if you have it. Regardless, it is unlikely to be an issue. The caseworker will have access to electronic records of your wife entering and leaving the UK which should corroborate your statement.
"Strong and stable government in the national interest" -Theresa May, Home Secretary (2010-2016)

Ben1989
United States of America

Referee Dates

Post by Ben1989 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 am

Thank you strong and stable.

Is there anything definitive regarding the referee dates? I just want to absolutely guarantee is all.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Re: Referee Dates

Post by strong_and_stable » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:06 pm

Ben1989 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 am
Thank you strong and stable.

Is there anything definitive regarding the referee dates? I just want to absolutely guarantee is all.
There is nothing particularly explicit in the guidance. Don't overthink it!

I had my referees sign and date my forms weeks before my application without issue. So did many others.

Equally, dating the form after the application is also okay. UKVI doesn't even provide you with a link to the PDF until after you apply.

The referee form provided by UKVI says that UK passport photo rules apply. That means no photo taken more than one month before the application
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports ... quirements